This role has been categorized as a Remote position. “Remote” employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace. Employees must live in the United States.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Sr. Lead Data Scientist to join our Enterprise Data Management organization. The Sr. Lead Data Scientist is expected to be passionate about leveraging cutting edge statistic and machine learning methodology to solve real-world business problems, while ensuring the highest quality implementation standards. You will be working closely with product managers and business stakeholders to formulate and shape current and future machine learning products across the Under Armour global ecosystem. You will serve as a leader within the data science team, providing mentorship and demonstrating best practices to junior members.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Drive cross-functional data science projects from beginning to end: from ideation and problem formulation to technical development and productionalization, working with stakeholders from business teams to engineers to achieve a common goal.
• Advocate for data science at the highest levels, providing insights to the leadership team on the impact of strategic initiatives on key metrics and help them track progress towards goals
• Lead and mentor junior data scientists and grow as a team leader, providing direction and oversight as needed, as well as proactively creating learning opportunities via reading groups and technical demonstrations
• Identify methods and tools that can increase efficiency, performance, and scalability within the team
• Establish, document, and provide mentorship on best practices in data science, statistics, and computational programming
• Conduct code reviews for key projects.
• Collaborate with engineering teammates to streamline the full-stack data science pipeline
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
• Proficiency with SQL and at least one of Python/R (both preferred)
• Proficiency in two or more of the following: natural language processing, recommendation engines, supply chain optimization models, unsupervised segmentation, structural equation models, price elasticity and optimization, demand forecasting, supervised classification algorithms, computer vision
• Ability to apply data science to real-world problems, capable of breaking down complex problems into key components where advanced statistics, data science, and AI can be leveraged
• Ability to provide written and oral interpretation of highly specialized terms and data, and ability to present this data to others with different levels of expertise
Education And / Or Experience
• Ph.D. in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or other quantitative disciplines with a focus on statistical modeling, artificial intelligence, and mathematical algorithms
• In-depth knowledge of Statistics, Mathematics and Machine learning with 5-10 years of demonstrated professional experience
• Experience working on an agile team
• Experience utilizing version control on collaborative projects
• Experience working with AWS infrastructure (EC2, S3)
• Experience working on a diverse team leveraging both Python and R a plus.
• Experience with Mlflow a plus.