Under Armour has one mission: to make you better. We have a commitment to innovation that lies at the heart of everything we do, not just for our athletes but also for our teammates. As a global organization, our teams around the world push boundaries and think beyond what is expected. Together our teammates are unified by our values and are grounded in our vision to inspire you with performance solutions you never knew you needed but can’t imagine living without.
This role has been categorized as a Remote position. “Remote” employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace. Employees must live in the United States.
We are looking for a Lead Data Scientist to join our Enterprise Data Management organization. As a member of the data science team, you will have the opportunity to work with diverse data sets spanning the entire global organization. You will be encouraged to identify creative solutions to real world problems, by leveraging cutting edge machine learning and statistical techniques, while striving to maintain rigorous scientific and engineering standards. You will collaborate with other data scientists, engineers, and key business decision makers to develop the next generation of data driven productions and initiatives at Under Armour.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Translate business needs into actionable analytic projects
• Identify, prepare, and validate datasets used in statistical models and machine learning pipelines
• Build, assess, compare, and optimize models in development and production environments
• Design, document, and track workflows across multiple projects
• Extract insights, communicating key outputs and appropriate use cases to non-technical stakeholders and business decision makers
• Stay up-to-date with latest technology and modeling techniques
• Design and implement novel statistical methods, as needed, for specific analysis or use cases
• Collaborate with other data scientists, data analysts, and business stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of each project to ensure the technical implementation appropriately aligns with business goals.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
• Ability to apply data science to real-world problems, capable of breaking down complex problems into key components where advanced statistics, data science, and AI can be leveraged
• Understanding of limitations and best practices related to model specification, comparison, selection, and deployment.
• In-depth knowledge of statistics, probability, and machine learning methodologies
• Ability to provide written and oral interpretation of highly specialized terms and data, and ability to present this data to others with different levels of expertise
• Proficiency with SQL and at least one of Python/R
Education And / Or Experience
• MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or other quantitative disciplines with a focus on statistical modeling, artificial intelligence, and mathematical algorithms
• Experience with one or more of the following: supervised classification algorithms, natural language processing, recommendation engines, supply chain optimization models, unsupervised segmentation, Bayesian statistics, structural equation models, regression, cluster analysis, price elasticity and optimization, demand forecasting
• 3-5 years of industry experience with machine learning and/or advanced statistical modeling
• Previous experience in retail or e-commerce preferred
• Prior experience with AWS services (e.g., EC2, S3) preferred
• Prior experience working on an agile team preferred
• Prior experience leveraging version control (e.g., Git, SVN) in a team setting preferred
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.