Why this role
As a tech-enabled disruptor in the vacation rental industry, data is the backbone of how we innovate and make our mark in this industry. Evolve is hungry for data-driven insights, and we need a leader to take our cloud-based data infrastructure built on technologies like Snowflake, Fivetran and Sisense to the next level. This is a leadership role with the autonomy, authority, and support to drive Evolve forward and make step level changes in how we structure, store, transform, access, analyze and present data.
What you’ll do
As the Director of Enterprise Data Management & Visualization, you will own the enterprise strategy for data architecture, engineering, management, and visualization/reporting. You will create an empowered and data-centric culture at Evolve rooted in data governance and integrity. This will include a thoughtful review of enterprise data structure, data movement, and implementation of the right level of checks and balances to provide reliable data insights. You will leverage your technical expertise and strong cross functional leadership skills to deliver actionable insights and models to all departments.
- Lead, develop and grow a team of BI analysts and engineers responsible for delivering high quality and actionable data, dashboards, analytics, and tools
- Own the architecture and design of Evolve’s data warehouse along with Evolve’s overall data integration and ETL landscape
- Establish a foundation of data governance to forge a data culture that promotes trust and empowers the workforce with actionable insights
- Define vision, strategy, and guiding principles for the BI organization, aligned with company objectives and key results
- Establish best-in-class practices and technical standards for analytical processes and solution development, using Agile methodologies
- Be an analytics thought leader and a brainstorm partner for stakeholders across the organization, translating business needs and problems into BI solutions
- Partner with engineering and product teams to continuously seek innovative ways to improve the quality and accessibility of our source system data
- Be the visible leader of Business Intelligence to the organization by setting and articulating a vision, providing ongoing communication, and working cross-functionally
- Research new methodologies, concepts and industry trends to guide the creation and adoption of new analytical approaches and technology
What makes you a great fit
- 10+ years of experience architecting, building and maintaining data warehouses, BI applications, and data management processes
- Advanced proficiency in data model design, applications, data flows, API documentation, and data governance
- Deep understanding and experience with SQL and data visualization tool
- 5+ years of people leadership with a passion for unlocking the talents of team members
- Excellent cross-functional leadership and collaboration skills with the ability to translate business strategy into actionable goals
- Highly skilled in communicating and presenting technical information to all levels of the company including executives
- You stay up to date with the latest and evolving data warehousing, data engineering, ETL and visualization best practices and technologies
- You have a strategic mindset with the ability to zoom in and zoom out
Evolve has a flexible working environment so teammates can work remotely anywhere in the state of Colorado, in our beautiful downtown Denver office, remotely or a hybrid of both! As we grow, we are working towards opening remote opportunities across the entire U.S. We currently are able to hire across the U.S except in the following locations: California, District of Columbia, Hawaii, New Jersey, New Mexico, Ohio, Oregon and Pennsylvania.
For this role our salary range is $154,000 to $188,500, depending on relevant experience. This role will also be eligible to receive a variable annual bonus based on both company and individual performance.