The Director of Product Analytics for our provider products is responsible for all things analytics as it pertains to product performance, impact and insights. The Primary responsibility of this leader will be to work with Product, Customer and Sales leaders to understand the product analytics needs of our organization and our customer base, and manage the growing product analytics team, in collaboration with a centralization data infrastructure team, to produce results.
The Director role will assume leadership over an existing analytics team and will be directly responsible for the following team missions:
- Performance analytics - Visibility into basic performance (Is Olive showing up to work/is Olive working?) for all products, both live products and products in testing and development (ie: is the product up, running successfully, executing appropriate actions, producing appropriate results)
- Impact and Value to Customer - Tell the value story of the products for our customers, what is the value, what is the impact to their business, users, experience, etc.
- Insights and flywheel - Based on the data we interact with at our customers and across all our customers, deliver meaningful, valuable and actionable insights to our customers. In some cases these insights can be so meaningful that they can be monetized into new products, either by identifying new product opportunities through data, or by delivering data in a timely, relevant and targeted enough manner that it makes it merchanizable.
Some Unique considerations of the above mission.
- Producers AND consumers: Not Routers and Managers -
- The product analytics team works within the provider business unit and therefore must work with product engineering to ensure that the data required for the above analytics, are produced by the product. Data contracts, semantics, schema, etc must be defined.
- The product analytics team has a strong handshake with the centralized data team, who is responsible for data security, storage, and management of downstream environments.
- Platform - Our data and analytics operate in a platform environment which means that the data must be extremely accessible and scalable in a near real time environment.
This leader will be responsible for managing an existing team of 6 analysts and a small pod of machine learning/advanced analytics resources. This team is budgeted to grow by 8-10 additional resources in this calendar year and the leader will need to determine the skill set of those hires, and team structure and organization as it grows. The leader will be responsible for all standard management activities such as performance management, team operations management, budgeting, forecasting resource needs, etc.
- Responsible for managing large, multi-layered team with a mix of existing team members and to be hired resources
- Build on existing methodology for the teams to work by, structure sprints, intake processes, prioritization, etc.
- Work with product leadership to ensure data needs are defined as part of product requirements, and that success, impact and flywheel metrics are defined for each product
- Work with engineering leadership to ensure that data is captured as part of the product engineering and deployment process
- Work with centralized data team to ensure that data access and needs are provided for and that environment and technical/tooling strategy is scalable and accessible to other tools, such as our visualization platform and our digital coworker platform.
- Create organization structure, transparency, role and responsibility assignments, performance management frameworks and employee compensation and bonus structures
- Develop and manage a budget for resources, technology, and administrative costs, manage to and report on variance from budget for product implementations
- Own escalations and outcomes of product analytics work as the single point of accountability
- Create transparency on status, including challenges and risks for entire portfolio of work to executives and stakeholders across the company
- Manage HR related items for the teams including performance reviews, hiring, disciplinary, team meetings, 1-1s, compensation mgmt, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience in computer science, analytics, engineering, mathematics, or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in data and analytics, with 5+ years in a leadership role
- Proficiency with analytics tools and code sets
- Experience identifying and procuring tools and technology to support analytics needs
- Deep understanding of environment and technical architecture strategy
- Experience with sensitive data types (PHI,PII, etc) healthcare experience a plus
- Experience guiding teams/building deep analytical and predictive models. Experience running machine learning teams a plug
- Expert experience understanding and documenting customer requirements and specifications
- Excellent cross-team communicator
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex issues to varying audiences and levels
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Outstanding team player with the ability to coordinate people and activities across multiple functional areas
At Olive, we're committed to growing and empowering an inclusive community within our company and industry. This is why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives across our organization. Research shows that oftentimes women and other minority groups only apply to open roles if they meet 100% of the listed criteria. Olive encourages everyone — including women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and those in the LGBTQIA+ community — to apply for our available positions, even if they don't necessarily check every box on the job description.
We take the health and happiness of our employees seriously and consistently evaluate new ways to provide an amazing place to work. From retirement planning, to a wellness program designed to actively incorporate mental and physical wellness into daily interactions amongst fellow Olivians, we make sure to take care of our own.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance that starts on your first day at Olive with 100% of premiums covered for team members and 75% covered for dependents
- Monthly Grid stipend to cover work related expenses
- Unlimited PTO
- EAP/Mental health resources
- Getaways by Marriott Bonvoy
- Family-building and fertility support via Kindbody
- 12 weeks of parental leave
- 401(K) match
- Wellness program
- Stock Options