Director, Sales Analytics Engineering
HubSpot’s mission is to Help Millions of Organizations Grow Better. HubSpot’s Revenue Operations team is core to this goal by supporting the HubSpotters who attract, engage, and delight HubSpot’s customers.
We believe in the power of data to drive effective decision-making. We leverage data for both day-to-day operations (improving efficiency by surfacing the right data at the right time) and for strategy (fostering deep understanding of what makes our flywheel spin, and projecting how to spin it faster in the future). In this role, you’ll be a member of the recently unified GTM Data team with the responsibility to lead a team of Analytics Engineers to enable the Sales organization to effectively self-serve data at scale.
You’ll work closely with Sales Ops and Sales Leadership, other analytics engineering teams across GTM, data scientists, and the data platform team. You will be a key contributor in the effort to bring together HubSpot’s previously siloed functional teams into a unified, scalable data architecture across our modern data stack (Snowflake, dbt, Monte Carlo, Looker).
Success in this role requires the ability to understand, translate, and design data solutions for critical business priorities across Sales. The ideal candidate will have the ability to think strategically across Sales to craft a cohesive data environment and the ability to architect solutions to address critical business challenges.
In this role, you will get to:
- Lead and grow a team of Analytic Engineers focused on delivering fit-for-purpose data marts for the Sales organization that help drive business transformation
- Engage with Sales leadership to provide a clear perspective on prioritization based off of both risk and ROI assessments
- Identify opportunities to improve the structure of our Sales projects (dbt and Looker repos especially) to improve clarity and collaboration and reduce duplicated effort
- Mentor and guide team members on architecting data in complex business situations
- Promote use of best practices and standardization for documentation and testing
- Work with the central platform team to progress architectural vision into a plan of execution.
We are looking for people who have:
- 7+ years of professional experience in data and analytics roles - ideally in the software (SaaS) industry
- Deep expertise in the discipline of Analytics Engineering using a modern data tech stack (Snowflake, dbt, Monte Carlo, Looker)
- Extensive knowledge of Sales processes, data, metrics, and analytics
- Experience designing and implementing KPI/metric semantic layers and familiarity with multiple tools in this space
- The ability to adapt quickly and create pragmatic and innovative solutions to complex business problems
- A motivator and experienced people manager who has led teams through challenges with a track record of hiring, developing, and mentoring successful teams
- Experience creating a diverse and inclusive team environment that fosters trust and a sense of empowerment via a purposeful culture
- Excellent communication & presentation skills; ability to communicate effectively with different levels of management, as well as with your business stakeholders.
Cash compensation range: 196000-314000 USD Annually
This resource will help guide how we recommend thinking about the range you see. Learn more about HubSpot’s compensation philosophy from Katie Burke, HubSpot’s Chief People Officer.
The cash compensation above includes base salary, on-target commission for employees in eligible roles, and annual bonus targets under HubSpot’s bonus plan for eligible roles. In addition to cash compensation, all HubSpotters are eligible to participate in HubSpot’s equity plan to receive restricted stock units (RSUs). Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay. Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications and other job-related reasons.
We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. To learn more about what’s included in total compensation, check out some of the benefits and perks HubSpot offers to help employees grow better.
At HubSpot, fair compensation practices isn’t just about checking off the box for legal compliance. It’s about living out our value of transparency with our employees, candidates, and community.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com. This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
Per HubSpot’s policy all employees who wish to work @office or @flex or to visit an office in-person must be fully-vaccinated. At this time, @remote employees are not required to be vaccinated.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) - link to HubSpot's Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.