MedeAnalytics is seeking a highly experienced Healthcare Data Analyst. This role reports to the Sr. Director of Professional Services acting as a liaison, facilitating collaboration between core Mede and Professional Services teams. This client facing position will guide healthcare payer and provider clients through extracting, analyzing, and interpreting large data sets to build various reports and dashboards. The analyst will provide clients with analytical consultative expertise and guidance to create metrics enabling measurements of progress towards initiative goals and ensuring the proper data is being collected for those metrics. Performing extensive data analysis, creating documentation of data issues, and developing implementation strategies for improving data quality and data standardization is a core function of our role.
The ideal candidate is not new to the data realm and has potentially worn multiple hats as an Analytics Engineer, Data Analyst, or Data Architect. Must be proficient in SQL and have experience using a BI tool. This role requires strong data modeling, data mapping & integration skills coupled with current experience in B2B, EAI, ESB, web services, service-oriented architectures, and standardized terminology services. Epic certifications with a focus on analytical capabilities is strongly preferred. Having up-to-date knowledge and understanding of HEDIS & CMS STARs measures’ technical specifications is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the design, development, and ongoing support of clinical and financial integrated data models and reports used by provider and payer management in decision-making. This includes but is not limited to determining appropriate data transformations and governance strategies needed to provide trusted data sets for NCQA HEDIS & CMS STARs reporting and analytics.
- Responsible for designing new data structures, mapping data from client source data to our data models, writing SQL/SQL like scripts to load and transfer the data to databases and performing data analysis with ETL.
- Leads ideation sessions using lean principles to develop, document and analyze present state process maps and develop future state models.
- Conduct, assess and profile data mappings to adhere to specific data structures, ensuring data quality is clearly defined to meet requested business use cases.
- Design, create and maintain accurate and efficient data models.
- Summarizes testing and validation results and be able to communicate and make recommendations on the best course for remediation.
- Resourceful in arriving at solutions using existing or available resources.
- Participate in agile work environment, completing sprint deliverables on time.
- Contribute to our evolving development and testing standards and best practices.
- Knowledge and experience in discrete data elements utilized in healthcare analytics.
- Experience querying data, data interpretation and report generation using modern analytics tools (i.e., Power BI)
- Work with product owners and business analysts on requirements and design.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, using Mede’s standard technical templates, methodologies, and standards.
- Consultative engagement with clients to assess and guide requirements specifications.
- Conduct meetings, internal and with clients, to review integration progress, upcoming activities and deliverables required to fulfil the Integration project delivery.
- Create and maintain data integrity by providing quality data profiling ensuring known constraints to operate in the Client’s environment.
Education, Experience, and Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Bachelor of Science, Computer Science or equivalent) strongly desired; advanced degree (MS or MBA) preferred.
- 3+ year(s) of experience in working with MEDITECH Expanse, Cerner, Allscripts or Epic health information systems and/or 3 + years of relevant professional work experience with complex analysis background in healthcare data, HL7, C-CDA, HEDIS, CMS & STARS
- Epic certifications with a focus on analytical capabilities is strongly preferred
- CAQH certification and/or Certified Health Data Analyst (CHDA®) a plus
- Expertise with standard healthcare terminologies and vocabularies (ICD, DRG, CPT, SNOMED CT, LOINC, NDC, Medispan, RxNorm, etc.)
- 3+ years of Enterprise Software Packaged/SaaS Integration experience.
- 3+ years of Enterprise Integration Tool (Informatica is preferred) experience.
- 7+ years of database design and construction, ETL, and data modeling with an understanding of relational and dimensional data models
- 3+ years managing big data (Data transfer, import/export, storage, performance, and security) and MS OLAP; additional experience with ETL framework, Linux and open-source technologies preferred.
- 3+ years RDBMS and Cloud data platforms with preferred experience leveraging AWS, Mondrian, Oracle, Databricks, Vertica, Hadoop, Apache Spark, Mondrian & MongoDB
- Familiar with data visualization tools, Data Lake, Git, and version control
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Great Medical, Dental, Vision benefits - Effective on the first of the month after your start
- Company paid Basic Life & AD&D Insurance, STD/LTD
- ROBUST Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401k with Company Match
- 9 paid holidays AND 3 floating holidays = 12 total!
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Accrual
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Professional Development
- and more!
MedeAnalytics believes in fair and equitable pay. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is $95,000 – $125,000 USD. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, relevant experience, professional achievements/qualifications, business need and location.
Mede/Analytics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
MedeAnalytics does not utilize any outside vendors/agencies. Please no unsolicited phone calls or invites.