Purpose of Job
We are seeking a talented Manager Senior, Decision Science Analytics for the following locations: San Antonio, TX Office or 100% Work Remote Available.
Leads and develops a highly analytical staff that provides decision support for business areas across the enterprise. By serving as a strategic partner to the business this function will be responsible for applying mathematical and statistical techniques and/or innovative /quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make 'insight to action' recommendations to answer business objectives and drive change.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Collaborates or participates with other analytical leaders in driving the strategic direction of small- and large-scale analyses using mathematical and statistical techniques and/or innovative/quantitative analytical approaches.
- Develops team reputation as highly skilled experts in decision science support.
- Oversees and coordinates analytical tasks which include the evaluation of the business problem, analytical methodology, validation, documentation and presentation of findings and recommendations.
- Understands and adopts emerging technology that can affect the application of scientific methodologies and/or quantitative analytical approaches to problem resolutions.
- Provides input to additional resource needs ranging from IT investments, 3rd party support or additional analysts.
- Provides support for business rationale and justification for additional needs.
- Understands the business direction, environment, and strategies for supported domains/clients, to identify and recommend solutions which influence the business and drive change.
- Partners with enterprise analytics teams to build USAA core analytics capabilities and processes.
- Builds and oversees a team of employees for assigned functional area through ongoing execution of recruiting, development, retention, coaching and support, performance management, and managerial activities.
- Serves as a mentor for mathematical skills and statistical techniques and guides teams to use the appropriate approaches, to drive fact-based decision-making.
- Remains informed on current trends in data and analytics, such as Cloud, Data Mining, Python, Neural Networks, Sensor data, IoT, Streaming/NRT data.
- Identifies opportunities to continue to learn in the data and analytics space, whether informal (E.g., Coursera, Udemy, Kaggle, Code Up, etc.) or formal (E.g., Certifications or advanced coursework).
- Works with IT/CTO partners on new data and platforms that correspond to evolving skill sets.
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative analytics field such as Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, Operations Research, Data and/or Business Analysis, Data Science or other quantitative discipline OR 4 additional years’ work experience in statistics, mathematics or quantitative analytics or related experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience required.
- 8 years of experience in a decision support analytic function; OR if Advanced degree in relevant discipline, 6 years’ experience in a decision support analytic function.
- 2 years of direct team lead or management experience.
- Demonstrates expert skills in mathematical and statistical techniques and approaches used to drive fact-based decision-making.
- Expert knowledge of data analysis tools, data visualization, developing analysis queries and procedures in SQL, SAS, BI tools or other analysis software, and relevant industry data & methods and ability to connect external insights to business problems.
- Experience with new and emerging data sets, and incorporation (data wrangling, data munging) into new insights.
- Evidence of successful development and implementation of advanced analytics solutions
- Prior experience working with an IT organization to implement advanced analytics solutions.
- Experience working in a cloud environment.
- Understanding of model risk governance as laid out in SR 11-7
- Experience with advising Senior Leadership on the development of advanced analytics solutions and long-term goals and/or strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas with team members and/or business leaders and convey very technical information to an audience that may have little or no understanding of technical concepts in advanced analytics
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $117,600 - $211,700* (this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location).
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is notavailable for this position.