Apply for the Principal Data Software Engineer role at Atlassian and give yourself a chance to join one of our great US Based Product Development Teams working on our Enterprise Agility tools such as Jira Align. Have you heard of the Fortune 500 list? Yup, these are our Enterprise Agility Customers! They are BIG, with development teams reaching 50k users. Our tools allow data analysis of the largest software portfolios in the world. You will end up with your code helping millions of people all around the Globe! You will report into the Senior Engineer Manager within the Jira Align team.
Compensation At Atlassian, we strive to design equitable and explainable compensation programs. To support this goal, the baseline of our range is higher than that of the typical market range, but in turn we expect to hire most candidates near this baseline. Base pay within the range is ultimately determined by a candidate's skills, expertise, or experience. In the United States, we have three geographic pay zones. For this role, our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are: (Zone A: $205,800 - $274,400) (Zone B: $185,200 - $246,900) (Zone C: $170,800 - $227,700) This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and equity. Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter. #LI-Remote
What you'll do
- As a Data Architect for the Enterprise Agility Engineering team, you'll work with multiple software engineering teams and product squads to improve Jira Align.
- You will refine and govern our logical data models which track team data for the largest software organizations in the world.
- You will guide designs and decisions for our data architecture through statistical analysis of production data.
- You will meet and work with our enterprise scale customers to put the personal touch on our engineering plans.
- We are also considering multiple database technologies to improve the storage and retrieval for our end-users, including new solutions for data ingestion and translation. This exciting opportunity will engage you with our Site Reliability Engineering and Security teams as well the application development technical leads.
- You will work with design and product management team to translate our customer reporting requirements into improvements into our current mechanisms.
- You will work through our support and field organization to understand how our customers use our data today, to lead future changes as efficiently as possible.
- This role would be a great fit for an inclusive coach, someone with a willingness to oversee the data architecture from every angle. You will develop and implement solutions that operate at scale - seeing your own technology efforts directly improve the product.
- Report directly to the Senior Engineering Manager
- 15+ years of experience in Software Development
- Public cloud experience in AWS or Azure
- Technical leader, able to pitch ideas and lead programs to trigger across multiple teams and departments
- Proficiency in SQL, python, Java, C# or another JVM-based language
- Success with designing and maintenance of systems with multiple dependencies
- Relational and NoSQL database design and best practices
- Previous experience in data ingestion and translation tools
- Experience managing customer data for Security and Privacy
- Data modeling and API design
- Experience in cross-team collaboration in large-scale projects
- Jira Align Data Team Owns multiple production services that transform the team level data into enterprise decision making tools.