At Spotify Advertising, our part of that mission is to build the next generation advertising platform for audio which can scale the freemium experience for hundreds of millions of fans and tens of thousands of advertisers. This scale brings unique challenges as well as tremendous opportunities to define the insights product for our business.
United States of America (Home Mix) or Remote Americas
We are looking for a hardworking self motivated Product Manager to join the centralized machine learning product team for ad supported experiences at Spotify. Machine learning is a crucial part of our future as we pioneer new advertising strategies to better monetize Spotify users without compromising user experience. You will collaborate with skilled machine learning engineers and other Product Managers to advance the way we measure and target users on Spotify. Your work will lead the charge in improving monetization for brands, artists, podcasters and ad products across Spotify.
What You'll Do
- Work with an NLP focused machine learning engineering team to articulate your product vision and set a roadmap for centralized machine learning work
- Lead priorities from a number of partners
- Ensure the team aligns with the company’s short and long term goals
- Focus on areas like user and device states, ad preferences, user engagement and retention
- Provide business context feedback to the team in order to steer product development decisions
- Orchestrate product launch phases from internal alphas through GA with rigorous testing to produce positive business value without compromising user experience
- Keep the team healthy
Who You Are
- You are experienced in collecting partner feedback and prioritizing projects within short and long term company goals
- You know how to communicate with partners, as well as working closely with a team of machine learning engineers and data scientists focused on NLP problems
- You are experienced in setting and executing on a product backlog, balancing innovation, maintenance and support
- You are familiar with NLP machine learning technology and how it can be applied to monetization (in a non-technical way)
- You are experienced working with agile development teams
Where You'll Be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here..
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration
Our global benefits
Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents.
All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
Spotify On Tour, join your colleagues on trips to industry festivals and events.
Learn about life at Spotify
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For the US, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties. For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.