Senior Data Scientist, Custom Analytics - Remote OK - 94821
Data Science - USA Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Nielsen is looking for a Senior Data Scientist for the Audience Measurement Custom Analytics team. Custom Analytics is a new team within the larger Audience Measurement Product organization that is tasked with the assessment, solutioning, development and implementation of custom studies for clients. These deliverables typically include requests for data sets and features that are on the longer term roadmap for our core products, but not immediately available for client consumption. This includes custom deduplication of platforms that are not available in our standard product suite, the reporting of advanced audiences, and other similar requests.
As a Senior Data Scientist you will:
- Utilize and develop innovative statistical modeling (and machine learning / deep learning methodologies where applicable) to enable custom audience analytics based on large volumes of data from various sources
- Make decisions on the selection of methodologies, technical tools and processes that most effectively and efficiently reach the desired outcome
- Manage and mentor the other data scientists on the Custom Analytics team
- Work with an Agile, cross-functional scrum team to develop, validate, and optimize methodologies
- Support deployment and maintenance of data pipelines and models
- Design and implement strategies to automate data delivery using the methodologies developed
- Stay abreast of developments in quantitative research methodology and changing technologies in the marketplace and proactively identify applications of these latest developments to improve existing methods
- Provide support, technical guidance and training of other team members
- Summarize, document, and communicate research findings to audiences of varying levels of technical subject matter expertise
What will I do?
- Organize and facilitate planning across Product, Technology, Data Science resources
- Maintain a roadmap for your scrum team, which encompases all work (business, technical/operational, and methodological needs) and prioritize accordingly
- Drive requirements gathering & backlog grooming for all roadmap items to ensure requirements are understood by the team and work is planned in advance
- Lead the execution of data science work within the scrum team and participate in agile ceremonies (Standups, Sprint Planning, Sprint Demos, Backlog Grooming, Retrospectives)
- Ensure adherence to release governance practices and any required audit documentation
- Build alignment on scope across all stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of product development
- Exhibit expertise in your product domain (understanding the systems involved, the technical component flow, specific aspects of the methodology, etc.)
- Communicate the overall status of initiatives and escalation of issues to senior leadership
Is this for me?
- Master’s degree in data science, statistics, mathematics, social sciences, biological/physical sciences, computer science, or some other quantitative research field
- At least 3 years research experience in a business setting
- Outstanding statistical and analytical skills with experience in machine/ deep- learning techniques
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience with modern machine learning libraries and frameworks (e.g. LightGBM, XGBoost, PyTorch, TensorFlow, Stan, etc.)
- Experience with cloud environments and big data technologies (e.g., Spark, AWS)
- Collaborative code development experience, including version control, unit/integration testing, code review and sharing (preferably in Git)
- Knowledge of Bayesian inference and probabilistic programming (e.g. Pyro)
- Knowledge of Natural Language Processing
- Skilled at feature engineering
- Subject matter intuition for the causal drivers of media consumption
- Knowledge of data visualization tools/packages
- Some experience working within Agile team
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania
Secondary Locations: Remote, , ,