Vice President , Data Partnership, Data Science (Remote OK) - 102004
Data Science - USA New York, New York
As the world’s largest research organization, Nielsen is powered by talented, creative scientists, researchers and engineers. Our associates come from diverse disciplines that include business, economics, engineering, marketing, mathematics, operations research and statistics. These professionals drive innovation and insight through continual ideation, complex analyses and delivery of insights to our clients. Because measurement is at the core of Nielsen's business, our products have high visibility and make a direct impact on our clients.
About the job
We are looking to add an experienced data scientist to a leadership role to focus on our Data Partnerships. This collaborates with many teams across Nielsen - Product, Tech, and Data Science. It will partner closely with our data partnerships teams in Product globally - with a strong connection between data to measurement and analytics. This role will report into our Head of Data science and act as a member of the Data Science Leadership team.
What you will do
- Data in, data out policies
- Interface with external identity vendors, suppliers, collaborators
- Management of data prospect supply funnel
- Management of data supply chain from a commercial perspective
- Contracting of data suppliers
- Onboarding of data suppliers
- Data supplier contract expansions/amendments/renegotiations
- Funding of data supply chain (present & future)
- Data evaluations for lower funnel prospects
- Ongoing data evaluations for onboarded data supply chain
- Ongoing data solutioning / regular check-ins with data suppliers
- Data policies (volume SLAs, freshness SLAs, quality SLAs, variety guidelines)
- Data integration for tests and contracted deliveries (schema discussion, batches, API)
- Go, no-go signal on prospective deals
Is this for me?
- Advanced degree in computer science, statistics, operational research, STEM, or similar
- 8 or more years work experience in data science and analytics
- Experience in leading data science teams
- Proficiency in SQL and Python (or similar) for data analysis and software development
- Experience with modern machine learning libraries and frameworks (e.g. LightGBM, XGBoost, PyTorch, TensorFlow, Stan, etc.)
- Big data orchestration and processing tools such Spark and Airflow etc.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to explain complex problems to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to see the big picture and think strategically
- Experience in identity, media, or marketing analytics, including campaign measurement, cross-platform deduplication and lookalike modeling or experience in online media and the ad tech ecosystem
- Knowledge of the TV market and Nielsen measurement solutions
- Good vibes, integrity, and good work ethic
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: Remote, , ,
Travel: Yes, 25% of the Time