Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom, no matter who they are or how much they have. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost. We're the company behind some of Canada's leading digital financial products, and are growing faster than ever.
Our team is reimagining what it means to manage your money. Smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and great ideas — not ego. We're looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, and want to ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We’re a remote-first team and output is more important than facetime, so where you choose to work is up to you — as long as you have internet access, you can work from anywhere in Canada. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us! Read our Culture Manual and learn more about how we work.
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Data Science & Engineering
The Data Science & Engineering (DSE) team consists of data scientists and software engineers with diverse educational backgrounds such as math, operations research, economics, computer science, engineering and business. The team is responsible for enabling data-driven decision making and building data products at Wealthsimple. We achieve these goals by:
Building a high quality and scalable state-of-the-art data warehouse that powers all decision making
Leveraging machine learning and algorithms to help Wealthsimple build smarter financial products
Using decision science to understand the cause and effect of our business decisions
The Role - Machine Learning Platform Team
We are building a multi-product company with a growing offering including Invest, Cash, Crypto, Trade and Tax products.
As a Software Engineer on the Machine Learning Platform team, you will play a pivotal role in our mission to build a self-serve ML Platform to enable data scientists to do their best work. As such, you will work closely with the area owners, data scientists and other software engineers to improve our ML-ops tooling and support the launch of new data products.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Partner with stakeholders across different product domains, infrastructure to tackle technical problems at scale, which includes building framework agnostic services to support all of Wealthsimple’s machine learning needs
- Establish roadmap and architecture for Wealthsimple’s Machine Learning platform
- Contribute to the suite of tools and services that power our platform: Airflow, tensorflow-serving, FastAPI, MLflow, etc.
- Work with a large amount of autonomy to set the technical direction for scalable projects
We are looking for people who have:
- Excellent Python skills
- Experience with design and implementation of high performance systems with reliable monitoring and logging
- Experience owning an application end-to-end and are able to understand and address infrastructure concerns
- Bonus points for hands-on experience in machine learning and data modeling