TriNet is a leading provider of comprehensive human resources solutions for small to midsize businesses (SMBs). We enhance business productivity by enabling our clients to outsource their HR function to one strategic partner and allowing them to focus on operating and growing their core businesses. Our full-service HR solutions include features such as payroll processing, human capital consulting, employment law compliance and employee benefits, including health insurance, retirement plans and workers’ compensation insurance.
TriNet has a nationwide presence and an experienced executive team. Our stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol TNET. If you’re passionate about innovation and making an impact on the large SMB market, come join us as we power our clients’ business success with extraordinary HR.
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single requirement. At TriNet, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every single qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Qualifications - External
The Analyst applies knowledge of finance, accounting, and insurance strategies to provide business and financial advice to TriNet's senior management team through various analysis functions. The position is responsible for preparing financial reports and analyses (including budgets and forecasts) for Insurance Services, Financial Planning & Analysis and Accounting and serves as liaison to assist them with all their financial needs. The position provides support to other finance-related functions, such as the month-end close process.
- Support Insurance Services Management in the preparation and delivery of monthly actuarial and analytics data
- Evaluate data integrity and resolve discrepancies
- Prepare data reconciliations evidencing SOX compliance
- Produce assigned revenue forecasts and incorporate understanding of fluid carrier landscape and historical insights into forecast assumptions
- Identify and incorporate renewal actions into models and forecasts
- Maintain vendor relationships to assist with data interpretation and resolution to data integrity issues
- Responsible for compiling analysis reports, presentations, and other material in order to provide a robust analysis explaining drivers of revenue and variance to forecast
- Assist in automation of repetitive data aggregation/manipulation tasks to enable greater focus on value-add analysis
- Cross train as back-up for staff in case of emergencies
- Support management by completing ad hoc analysis and projects
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BA/BS in Statistics, Actuarial Science, Math, Economics, Accounting, or related field preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates):
- 2+ years analytical experience preferred
- Experience and understanding of working in an insurance environment preferred but not required
- Experience with business intelligence reporting tools is preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical, qualitative and quantitative skills
- Attention to detail and ability to distinguish materially important variances in data
- Analytical approach, ability to independently identify and communicate relevant information
- Self-starter willing to identify problems and proactively work to identify solutions
- Strong financial analytical skills required, basic accounting knowledge
- Ability to work cross functionally with different departments in different time zones as well as with third party partners
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
- Ability to handle competing priorities while meeting deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required with ability to explain complex financial data
- Excellent problem-solving skills required with ability to apply analytical skills to business
- High level of organization, integrity, accuracy, and precision
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
WORK ENVIRONMENT/OTHER INFORMATION (Travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, etc.)
- Minimal travel may be required
- Work in clean, pleasant, and comfortable office setting
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position may be performed remotely anywhere within the United States, except the role may not be performed in Colorado, Jersey City, NJ, or New York, NY.
As an applicant seeking to work in the state of California; city of Cincinnati; the state of Washington; Toledo, Ohio; state of Nevada; state of Connecticut; state of Maryland; or state of Rhode Island you are entitled to information about the salary range for this role. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Please Note: TriNet reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Position functions and qualifications may vary depending on business necessity.
TriNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact email@example.com to request such an accommodation.