In 2009, thredUP set out to make used clothes the new normal and create a more sustainable future for fashion. The company designed a modern resale experience that took the work and risk out of thrift, and converted a generation of secondhand skeptics to fans. Sellers send clothes directly to thredUP by the bagful, and buyers shop quality-checked items from over 35,000 brands at steep discounts. To power this marketplace, thredUP built an infrastructure that has recirculated 100 million unique garments via proprietary technology, data and logistics. thredUP most recently expanded its platform with Resale-as-a-Service (RaaS) to power resale for the world’s leading fashion brands. As a circular fashion pioneer, thredUP is reducing fashion’s impact on the planet and unlocking economic value for consumers and brands alike.
At thredUP, we’re working to revolutionize the clothing industry and we're looking for a curious and creative Data Scientist to help manage our complex multi-sided marketplace. As part of our data science team, you will report on marketplace insights and work cross-functionally to build the algorithms that drive pricing, search, supplier acquisition, and inventory management efforts. You will work with an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, software engineers, analysts, and product managers. If you get excited about data-driven decision making and want to play a role in managing a highly dynamic marketplace, we’d love to hear from you.
What We Offer:
- Currently running a 4-day work week experiment through Summer 2021, with Fridays off
- Competitive salary (we leverage market data) + stock
- Flexible PTO (take the time you need) + 12 company holidays (US offices)
- Paid Sabbatical after 3 years of full time employment
- Generous paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers
- Innovative tools: Google Workspace & your choice of a Mac or Windows based laptop
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k, life and disability insurance offered
- We live by our Core Values of Transparency, SpeakingUP, Thinking Big, Infinite Learning, Influencing Outcomes & Seeking the Truth
- Voted “50 Most Innovative Companies of 2020”
We believe diversity, inclusion and belonging is key for our team.
At thredUP, our mission has been built on extending the lives of millions of unique clothing items. Much like our inventory, we are proud to have fostered a workplace that is one-of-a-kind. As a company focused on diversity, inclusion and belonging, we are committed to ensuring our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work every day. A unique perspective is critical to solving complex problems and inspiring a new generation to think secondhand first. Be you.