Staff Machine Learning Engineer - Core Algorithms
Remote - Full-time
thredUP is the largest online marketplace for secondhand clothing. We make buying and selling a cinch for millions of women across the globe. The company resells more than 35,000 brands across hundreds of categories at up to 90% off the estimated retail value. Headquartered in downtown San Francisco and backed by world-class investors, thredUP is reinventing the secondhand clothing industry and inspiring a new generation of consumers to think secondhand first.
About the Role
At thredUP, we’re revolutionizing the clothing industry. Our marketplace introduces some unique challenges to solve in order to deliver a delightful inventory set at great value for our customers - are you up for the challenge?
You will work on a broad set of domains, from building out and iterating on our pricing algorithms and surrounding services, to optimizing channels for surfacing the best product deals to the right customers, to building out a next generation promotional system focused on incremental growth and churn reduction. You will be working with a highly interdisciplinary team of software engineers, ML engineers, data scientists, analysts, and marketers. This role will require a mixture of software engineering, machine learning, customer insight, data science, and strong collaboration skills to be successful.
- Architect, build, maintain, and improve our pricing and promotional algorithms and their underlying systems. We are in the process of building a new set of services and platforms
- Implement end-to-end solutions for batch and real-time algorithms
- Build tooling around monitoring, logging, automated testing and A/B testing
- Collaborate with your peers and other teams to teach, learn and execute efficiently
- Contribute to improving our processes and engineering culture
What we are looking for
- Exceptional track record in delivering production grade engineering and ML solutions at different levels of the stack
- Strong experience with A/B testing and model evaluations
- Strong experience in distributed systems design and best practices
- Proficiency with languages like Java, Ruby, Python
- Strong experience with continuous integration, test automation, and monitoring
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team touching different parts of our core services
- Experience with real-time data processing technologies
What We Offer
- The opportunity to make a massive impact & influence outcomes for our business and customers alongside passionate coworkers
- Autonomy. The ability to make, own, and carry out decisions
- Competitive salary, equity and full benefits (health/dental/vision insurance & 401k)
- Flexible PTO