There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we're all about at John Deere. And it's why we're investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world's brightest minds are tackling the world's biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we'll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Texas - Austin
Function: Technology (CA)
Title: MLOps Data Engineer - 90932
As a MLOps Data Engineer for John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group located in Austin, TX, you will join a team of passionate developers and testers to design, develop, test, and integrate applications of high complexity. We operate in a collaborative, open environment focused on using Agile development techniques to autonomously deliver solutions quickly and effectively. That means you will:
- Operate within an Agile team and participates in all aspects of that team’s work
- Work within established guidelines such as coding standards, workflow, or tool standards
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to other team members
- Be an expert within the team on tools and technology in use
What Skills You Need
- 4+ years of experience in system design, software development and APIs utilizing Java and/or Python, database, and data management
- 3+ years of experience with Agile development processes including: Test Driven Development and/or Test Automation
- 3+ years of experience with infrastructure-as-code, automation, troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- 2+ years of experience leveraging DevSecOps and lean development principles such as Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- 2+ years of experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure platorm technologies
- Experience with machine learning frameworks tools like Databricks, scikit-learn, TensorFlow, or PyTorch Delivery
- Proven strong delivery track record
- Associate level or higher AWS certification
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience with communicating technical decisions and their rationales to our clients and development teams
- Experience working with cloud databases and complex environments requiring high performance and scalability
- Passionate, innovative and have the desire to learn new complex technical areas
- Accountable, curious, and collaborative
- Skilled in interpersonal communications, negotiation, and conflict resolution
- Proven experience working in a team environment
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or equivalent discipline
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use
Click Here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
The terms of the applicable benefit plans, and all company actions administering or interpreting these plans, continue to control. Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made by action of the company's board of directors, or to the extent authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere & Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict between the language of the official Plan Documents and this document, the language of the official Plan Documents will control.
ACA Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Notice
The John Deere Health Benefit Plans for Salaried Employees and The John Deere Benefit Plan for Wage Employees comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.