There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we're all about at John Deere. And it's why we're investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world's brightest minds are tackling the world's biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we'll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa - Urbandale
Function: Technology (CA)
Title: Senior Architect, Data-Remote - 89355
As a Senior Architect, Data-Remote within the Data Architecture team at John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group you will join a team responsible for the creation of data architectural designs and development of related best practices. This role works closely with the engineering teams to understand business requirements, develop supporting data model designs, and contribute to data architecture best practices. In this role you will
- Transform business requirements into conceptual, logical, and physical data models which support data deployment architectures across multiple data domains.
- Promote and support a data-driven culture of quality, collaboration, rapid delivery, and business impact.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Delivery leads, System Engineers, Data Analysts, Data Stewards, Business Stakeholders and Software Development teams to actively contribute during the solution design process. This includes reviewing potential solutions and making necessary adjustments based on feedback.
- Author, refine, and collaborate on improvement of corporate data architecture standards, procedures, and metrics.
- Communicate data architecture related concepts to both business and development teams.
What Skills You Need
- 5+ years of experience with Data Modeling, Data Warehousing, and working with large-scale datasets.
- Knowledge of data architecture best practices, data warehouse/data mart concepts, including expertise in facts and dimensions, and real-world modeling scenarios.
- Solid understanding of data lineage, data mapping, data security/confidentiality/privacy and related data standards.
- Deep knowledge of entity-relationship diagrams, normalization, abstraction, denormalization, dimensional modeling, and meta data modeling practices.
- Working knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) and SQL.
- Demonstrated willingness and confidence to make decisions with limited knowledge while balancing best practices, schedule, and business needs.
- Strong collaboration skills with demonstrated experience driving conversations and influencing without authority on complex data design challenges.
- Proven performance communicating up, down, and across an entire organization, with the ability to model and communicate complex concepts in both written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrated ability to work with limited supervision, break down complex data architectural requirements, prioritize work and execute.
What Makes You Stand Out
- 2+ years of experience designing data models in PowerDesigner.
- 2+ years of experience with Collibra or actively engaged in leveraging the metadata within Collibra or a similar metadata repository.
- Working experience in AWS or exposure to other cloud technologies.
- Working knowledge of or exposure to Data Engineering and the respective tools and technologies (e.g., Databricks, Data Lake concepts).
- Working Knowledge of or exposure to AWS services such as Lambda, RDS, ECS, DynamoDB, API Gateway, S3, etc.
- Working Knowledge of rest API development or providing data architectural support during API development.
- Experience implementing and/or leveraging Data Governance and Stewardship program capabilities.
- Passionate, creative, curious, accountable and have the desire to learn new complex technical areas with a focus on quality.
- Experience working with agile methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a fast paced, collaborative team environment that is distributed across time zones and locations.
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor's degree in either Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, MIS, or other IT related discipline.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use
Click Here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
The terms of the applicable benefit plans, and all company actions administering or interpreting these plans, continue to control. Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made by action of the company's board of directors, or to the extend authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere & Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict between the language of the official Plan Documents and this document, the language of the official Plan Documents will control.
ACA Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Notice
The John Deere Health Benefit Plans for Salaried and Wage Employees comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.