Niche is the leader in school search. Our mission is to make researching and enrolling in schools easy, transparent, and free. With in-depth profiles on every school and college in America, 140 million reviews and ratings, and powerful search tools, we help millions of people find the right school for them. We also help thousands of schools recruit more best-fit students, by highlighting what makes them great and making it easier to visit and apply.
Niche is all about finding where you belong, and that mission inspires how we operate every day. We want Niche to be a place where people truly enjoy working and can thrive professionally.
About The Role
We are looking for an experienced Senior Product Analyst to join the Reporting and Analytics team. You’ll be a key strategic partner to one or more Product Managers, using analytics to identify opportunities and make fact-based decisions to improve user experience.
What You Will Do
During the First Month:
- Learn about Niche by meeting with various team members to learn more about our company through our Onboarding meetings
- Work with members of the Reporting and Analytics team to begin to understand our users and current product initiatives and KPIs
- Collaborate with Analysts across the Reporting and Analytics department to learn about our tools, workflow and analytical process
- Shadow Reporting and AnalyticsTeam members to learn more about how we collaborate with other areas of the business and how your role fits with external stakeholders and teams.
- Learn how to query data from our databases
Within 3 Months:
- Gain a deep understanding of our organization and how different teams work
- Begin to analyze the results of various product launches and identify opportunities related to strategy and process
- Work with product managers to design, implement, and analyze A/B tests.
- You will begin taking ownership over some analytical processes on the product team such as KPI reporting, dashboards, and presentation of statistical analysis and results related to product and product marketing campaigns
- Develop an understanding of our users and how their behaviors impact product KPIs
Within 6 Months:
- Perform self-directed research and analysis to identify opportunities to drive Product KPIs
- Take full ownership of different research, analytics, and operations initiatives
- Responsible for analyzing and reporting on product metrics; turn analysis into actionable next steps and enhancements
Within 12 Months:
- You will have a deep knowledge of our product and users
- You will own several facets of product analytics at Niche
- You will use data-driven and user insights to inform overall product strategy and roadmap prioritization
What We Are Looking For
- Great collaborator
- Critical thinking, ability to contextualize and connect information
- Ability to proactively identify relevant business problems and propose solutions
- Effective communication of complex analyses to different audiences
- Experience with SQL, R, Python, or other tools.
- Experience with statistical and analytical methods
- 3-5 Years A/B testing experience
- Experience specifically working with a web/technology product
- Survey Writing
- Advanced analytical techniques
- RShiny or Python Dash experience
- Experience with marketing automation software
- Understanding of SaaS business strategy
- Understanding of K-12 and/or college admissions processes
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field
- We are a fully hybrid workforce
- Full time, salaried position with competitive compensation in a fast-growing company
- Employee health plan, including vision and dental, provided at no cost to the employee
- 20 PTO days, 10 Paid Holidays, and 3 Volunteer Days Off per year
- Parental leave
- Stock options and 401(k) with employer match
- Your ideas and work will make an immediate impact on our company and millions of users
Niche will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future for this opening.
Candidates only. No recruiters or agencies, please. All of our open positions are located in our Pittsburgh, PA office and we are also open to remote candidates. Sorry, we do not offer relocation assistance.
Niche is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
As interviews are being held remotely, if there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.