LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Disney, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in the future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth-minded, unconventional thinkers, developers, and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
- You can advance the state-of-the-art (SOTA) in dialogue system evaluation using rigorous experimentation and modern software engineering techniques
- You can build partnerships that move our business forward
- You view feedback or failure as an opportunity to learn and grow
- You believe data-driven decision-making is the norm
- You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts.
In this role, you will work with one of the world’s largest goal-oriented conversational data sets to push past the known boundaries of artificial conversations and drive innovative new products at scale. You'll also have access to a population of expert data annotators at-scale to accelerate exploration and analysis
In this role you will:
- Publish and present cutting-edge dialogue system evaluation research derived from both our conversational data and widely available public datasets.
- Apply SOTA Natural Language Processing (NLP) and dialogue management (DM) technologies to learn and derive value from one of the world’s largest goal-oriented conversational data sets.
- Develop SOTA approaches to unsupervised/semi-supervised problems to evaluate dialogue management strategies in production.
Some areas of particular interest:
- Statistical NLP leveraging self-supervision from unannotated dialogue -- How can we leverage latent structures within task-oriented dialogues to efficiently solve classification and dialogue problems?
- Weakly/distantly supervised dialogue management -- How can we utilize techniques like self-supervision and reinforcement learning to uncover conversational goals and policies from unlabelled historical conversations?
- Tunable Natural Language Generation (NLG) -- How can we build adaptable NLG systems that can be easily tuned, configured, and evaluated at scale?
- Masters or Ph.D. in Computational Linguistics, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related field
- 3-5 years post-graduate experience in working within Conversational AI, Computational Linguistics, or a related field
- Expertise in NLP techniques to solve problems in dialogue management
- Experience writing efficient and clean Python code within a Linux environment
- Experience with deep learning software platforms, such as PyTorch or TensorFlow
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Record of publications in competitive journals/conferences in the field, such as EMNLP, ACL, ICLR, NeurIPS...etc.
- 3+ years experience and proven track record in leading teams for developing natural language processing or dialogue management systems (e.g. commercial speech products or government speech projects)
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.