Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring an Analyst to join our Virtual Care team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a relentless focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role:
You will assist the Virtual Care team using data to manage efficiency opportunities across Oscar Medical Group. You will identify areas where we can improve processes, build automations, and use data to support decision-making. You will work with Clinical and Operations teams to create easy to action dashboards.
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of essential operational dashboards, and update and enhance them as our user's needs evolve
- Use data to help scope and measure opportunities within Virtual Care
- Use data to tell a story for our clinical and operational teams, including packaging and presenting findings
- Help improve existing workflows, identify automation opportunities, and build solutions
- Work cross functionally with Clinical, Product, Marketing, and Operations counterparts on workflow design and implementation.
- Create models and tools that produce relevant insights to identify and eliminate inefficient healthcare and improve profit and loss.
- Provide regular updates to partners around trending issues, solutions, and improvement measurement.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree or 2+ years work experience
- 1+ years of experience with strategic quantitative analysis, writing analytical reports, and using assumptions-motivated modeling
- Proficiency in SQL, R, or Python to query, manipulate and analyze data
- Google Sheets or Excel (can perform complex functions)
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We aim to make health care affordable and accessible for all, and apply this same vision to our perks and benefits, including: medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
To protect the health and safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at email@example.com to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices, employees conducting sales work in the field and employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.