Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Program Manager, Looker Governance to join our Data team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a relentless focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role:
Oscar is restructuring health care to make it easy, affordable, and seamless for consumers to access high value care. Oscar’s data team is focused on pushing our understanding of this complex landscape. Insurance companies sit on a trove of data that is both broad and deep, spanning financial claims, clinical medical records, and rich product interaction data from our members. Connecting the dots across these datasets gives us unique insight into how the healthcare system functions and allows us to improve care coordination, better manage risk, build higher-performing provider networks, and create a standout consumer experience in our product. At Oscar, we are looking for bright and curious data minded individuals to join our team of 30+ researchers, data scientists, and analysts to leverage our efforts!
In this role, you will partner with folks across the Data team to own Looker throughout the Oscar organization.
You will report into a Director of Data Science. This is a remote / work-from-home role. You must reside in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, or Washington. Note, this list of states is subject to change. #LI-Remote
- Be responsible for the prioritization of development for Looker, as well as its inventory of reports
- Develop dashboard development standards and guidelines that will be applied organization-wide, and create the necessary review and testing standards to ensure consistency and correctness
- Create and iterate on our code review management processes for Looker, ensuring documentation is in place and the right parties are participating in it
- Design and enforce appropriate access management, and creating appropriate LDAPs
- Support users across the organization (both technical and non-technical) by coordinating onboarding, creating training, and developing the content knowledge required to execute on those tasks
- 4+ years of program management experience or equivalent relevant experience working on Looker
- Expert-level knowledge and experience using a project management tool (we use Monday.com)
- Ability to communicate with users from both technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Possess a Looker certification
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We aim to make health care affordable and accessible for all, and apply this same vision to our perks and benefits, including: medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
COVID-19 vaccine requirements for in-person work:
To protect the health and safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices, employees conducting sales work in the field and employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.