Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Heath Insurance Plan Analyst to join our Health Insurance Plan Design team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
The Plan Design team develops Oscar's plan portfolio strategy for the Individual and Small Group markets. We ensure that our plan designs meet the needs of a diverse marketplace. We work with Legal and Regulatory Affairs teams to ensure that our plans designs comply with state and federal requirements, provide materials required for annual Qualified Health Plan (QHP) filings, and ensure that member-facing communications are accurate and easy to understand.
As an Analyst on the Plan Design team, you will run the end-to-end process for developing and finalizing Oscar's plan documents (e.g., Schedule of Benefits, Summary of Benefits and Coverage, and other plan documents). You will provide the required plan documents required for annual QHP filings and ensure that these documents are distributed and displayed for all downstream users. You will support all Oscar states and will work alongside other Oscar teams including Sales, Marketing, Go-to-Market teams to ensure Oscar's plan information is accurate and available within required time frames.
You will report to the Plan Design Director. This is a remote role, you will work remotely in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, or Washington. Note, this list of states is subject to change.
- Maintain processes and databases for documenting plan cost share and other details by plan by state.
- Contribute to the development of plan design data and of internal processes to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Work with all audiences to understand the plan design information needed. Improve plan descriptions to make it simple for all to understand.
- Support the filing and approval of Oscar's insurance products through the annual QHP filings with state regulators, state exchanges, and CMS.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in health insurance business operations, consulting, project management, or other related healthcare field.
- Excel Skills.
- You enjoy collaboration and able to balance and prioritize cross-functional requirements.
- A technical bend and the ability to use tools to answer your questions (e.g. SQL/Python)
- You enjoy the problem-solving process and deriving structure and clarity from ambiguous or open-ended inputs
Life at Oscar
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
COVID-19 vaccine requirements for in-person work:
To protect the health and safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date.
If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices (either full-time or part-time), employees conducting sales work in the field and employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.