Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Data Associate to join our Implementation and Delivery team.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
You will bring +Oscar -- Oscar's tech-driven platform business -- to life for clients by developing and maintaining data reporting to monitor performance on tech and operations functions executed by Oscar. Partnering with Oscar team members to develop a standardized package of reporting to serve all client needs, you will own delivering regular reporting directly to clients and ensuring they understand performance on important metrics on an ongoing basis. You will work on the +Oscar Client Implementation and Delivery team and partner closely with operational teams across Oscar.
You will report into the Associate Director, Oscar Implementation and Delivery. This is a remote role, you will work remotely in one of the following states: Arizona, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas, or Virginia. Note, this list of states is subject to change.
- Develop, maintain and iterate on standardized client reporting package in collaboration with business ops and client stakeholders
- Assemble, QA and distribute reporting to client teams, including regular business reporting, SLA performance and partnership JOC report-outs
- Partner with client account team to flag trends and interpret results across client metrics so they can take trends back to business owners for improvement
- Support implementation and business teams in scoping and assessing cost for new and/or custom reporting requests from new and existing clients
- 3+ years working with data
- Ability to write SQL queries
- Proficent in Microsoft excel
- Experience performing impact analyses and ongoing monitoring / success tracking
- Experience building metrics dashboards
- Experience using data visualization tools (e.g. Periscope, Looker, Tableau)
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field of study (e.g., Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science), data science certification or 4 years commensurate experience
- Experience working in a client-facing role
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for and knowledge of health care or health insurance
- Python / programming skills
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.