Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Data Analyst to join our STARs team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a relentless focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role:
This position will support quality initiatives for STARS. Working closely with internal and external partners to drive improvement in quality measures by developing reports and dashboards to monitor results. Performing data analysis needed for forecasting future performance trends, behaviors and high priority gap targeting for member engagement campaigns.
You will report into the Data Business Manager, STARs. This is a remote role, you will work remotely in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, or Washington. Note, this list of states is subject to change.
- Design and operationalize performance metrics for quality improvement initiatives
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis of STARs measures, outcomes, and other related data
- Design and maintain STARs measure dashboards and analytics
- Identify quality improvement opportunities and collaborate with peers to design and measure interventions
- Support efforts to improve member experience and associated measures by working with internal and external business partners
- Work collaboratively as a member of the STARS team sharing responsibility for meeting quality measure goals
- Lead and assist with special projects
- 3+ years experience in health care, managed care or insurance
- 4+ years commensurate relevant experience or bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years experience with SQL
- 3+ years experience in data analysis
- Working knowledge of CMS Star Rating System including HEDIS, CAHPS, HOS, Pharmacy, and administrative measures
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.