Job Title: Cloud Solution Architect-Data
Job Location: Hershey, PA
This position is open for 100% remote.
COVID-19 Vaccine Safety Mandate
This position requires that you must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (even if working remotely) and present proof of vaccination before beginning employment. If you receive an offer of employment, you will be asked as part of the background check process to upload a copy of your vaccination card. If you believe you require an accommodation for medical or religious reasons related to the vaccine safety mandate, you may submit a request after you receive an offer of employment. Instructions on how to do so will be provided in your offer letter.
The Enterprise Data organization drives value for Hershey by providing high-quality, well governed data to the Enterprise for analytics and decision-making.
This position will be reporting to the Manager, Data Solution Architecture. The cloud architect will work directly with data/application teams to design, deploy and maintain cloud data infrastructure resources, while also focusing on optimizing productivity for daily use. Working within the Enterprise Data Architecture team, the Cloud Architect will participate in cloud data solutions including: building/configuring infrastructure, production releases, platform upgrades and troubleshooting activities, ensuring technical solutions meet the quality, security, and compliance requirements.
The cloud architect will also work with the data architecture and data governance leaders to ensure consistency and compliance of deliverables to frameworks and governance processes. The ideal candidate will also collaborate with the Cloud Center of Excellence Team, and participate in the advancement of best practices, adoption, automation, and orchestration.
- Design, maintain, secure, and monitor cloud data infrastructure & solutions
- Ensure quality, security, and compliance for cloud infrastructure & solutions
- Participate in production releases and cloud resources upgrades and troubleshooting activities
- Collaborate with internal/external partners cross-platform cloud solutions
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Facilitate the design of efficient and secure cloud data architectures with an understanding of both business and technical requirements. Focus to maintain balance between technology and execution efficiency.
- Collaborate on the design, deploy, and maintain cloud data projects/infrastructure resources via automated CI/CD pipelines and tooling in the cloud environment.
- Maintain day-to-day health of cloud data solutions, taking steps to ensure its productivity and optimization.
- Participate in production releases and cloud resource upgrades, troubleshooting activities
- Work with Data Engineering and Data Scientist teams to understand the requirements and implement data solutions.
- Responsible for the evaluation of technical risks and map out mitigation strategies.
- Provide oversight, demonstrating a strong understanding of Cloud services, DevOps/ DevSecOps toolsets and platforms including compute, storage, networking (Subnets, CIDR, Subnet Groups), security, Kubernetes, service mesh, CI/CD as well as monitoring and logging technologies.
- Establish cloud computing templates and implementation guidance for applications that leverage IaaS and PaaS solutions to meet business use cases.
- Responsible for onboarding and integration of data from external and internal data sources through cloud shares, API management, sftp processes and others.
- Enforce security baselines and standards for resources including Network access, private endpoints, data specific access control lists and configuration within the Azure environment.
- Work with infrastructure and security teams with their digital transformation goals and provide the cloud configuration expertise.
- Execute and implement all aspects of a cloud data migration initiative, including its impact on infrastructure, networks, and security for data projects.
• 3+ years of experience designing, executing, and supporting IT infrastructure solutions
• 3+ years of experience with scripting languages such as PowerShell, Bash, Python
• 2+ years of experience with demonstrated Azure cloud projects and Azure deployments
• 2+ years of experience with Azure services (ADF, ADLS, Databricks, SQL, storage accounts, key vaults, private endpoints, VM’s, Containers, and Azure Dev Ops.)
• 1+ year experience with Azure Databricks Configuration and Deployment
• Extensive knowledge of Linux based systems including Hardware, software, network, and storage
• Practical experience with architecture, implementation, and operation of complex multi-vendor, multi-server network infrastructures in support of a mission-critical enterprise environment
• Experience with DevOps procedures and processes and with working in an Agile environment
• Experience with managing user access, roles, management groups and policies
• Experience managing resources via ARM templates, Terraform or Azure CLI
• Solid experience supporting and integrating hybrid cloud architecture, on-prem, multiple cloud providers, and PaaS/SaaS providers
Nice to Have:
• Azure certification highly desired (e.g., in areas of cloud architecture, data services, and security)
• Informatica Cloud Integration Administration
• Experience with Snowflake Infrastructure, RBAC Security, Monitoring
• Experience in Multi-Cloud Architecture, Design, Delivery and Operations across Microsoft Azure, AWS and Google Cloud Platform
• Bachelors in a STEM degree
• Master’s degree and/or related equivalent experience preferred