Job Location: Hershey, PA
Note: Position can be remote (east coast preferred) with 15-20% travel
This Director is responsible for leading The Hershey Company’s strategy and execution in all Media Data, Analytics and Technology for the US CMG business covering over $400M in annual spend. This role supports over 15 brands, 10+ omnichannel customer marketing teams and oversees a team of 5.
- Lead THC’s Media Analytics Strategy and Execution – Develop and implement strategies for THC’s entire suite of Media Analytics Tools including Market Mix Modeling (MMM), Agile Testing and In-Campaign Measurement and Optimization to ensure media continues to deliver +5% annual ROI improvement. Stay current on latest media analytics tools and suppliers to ensure Hershey remains at the cutting edge in these capabilities
- Lead THC’s Media Data Strategy and Execution – Develop and implement strategies for THC’s media data including architecture, governance and integration. Work with external partners to ingest Hershey media data and incorporate it into all media buying activities. Also, work with internal partners to expand the application of media data across the enterprise as well as ingest data from other parts of THC to further enhance media data.
- Lead THC’s Media Technology Strategy and Execution – Develop and implement strategies for THC’s media technology stack including programmatic media (DSP and trading desk), ad serving and retailer media. Select the best external partners and oversee their execution of our media. Also, partner with media publishers (Google, Facebook, The Trade Desk, etc.) to influence their product roadmaps to best deliver needs of THC media.
- Lead THC’s Media Identity Strategy and Execution – Develop and implement strategies for THC to navigate the changing Media Identity landscape including how to best deal with Google’s deprecation of cookies. Assess identity partners to find the best fit for THC.
- Lead THC’s Media Verification, Suitability and Policy – Develop and implement strategies for THC regarding media verification, brand suitability and media policies to ensure we are getting maximum value for all our media and that our ads appear in environments that are suitable to our company values. Own the development and oversight of all media policies in the US.
- Manage Media Data, Analytics and Technology Partners – Responsible for the selection and oversight of all partners related to data, analytics and technology.
- Build Enterprise Acumen and Capability – Work to build the acumen of the Media team along with marketers in the entire enterprise in order to be able to take advantage of the cutting edge capabilities brought into the company.
- Be a Leading External Industry Thought Leader – Become a sought-after industry thought leader who advances Hershey’s agenda in Paid Media within the broader industry.
- 15%-20% travel required
Summary of major duties:
Leading Media Data, Technology and Analytics
Building Organizational Acumen
Industry Thought Leadership
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
● Must be an expert in media especially in the areas of data, analytics and technology.
● Must be able to link media delivery and insights to commercial objectives of growing sales, share and profit.
● Must be analytical and able to form and clearly communicate media strategy recommendations based on their analysis
● Must be able to influence and lead change up through senior company leaders
● Deep curiosity, willingness to learn, attention to detail, ability to thrive in a small, agile team environment with a desire to perform at a high level
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: 10+years’ experience in media agency management, media planning, and media buying. Must also have extensive knowledge of ad tech, media data and analytics. Will consider both client and media agency experience.