Job Title: Senior Analyst, Commercial Data Strategy
Job Location: Hershey, PA
COVID-19 Vaccine Safety Mandate
This position requires that you must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (even if working remotely) and present proof of vaccination before beginning employment. If you receive an offer of employment, you will be asked as part of the background check process to upload a copy of your vaccination card. If you believe you require an accommodation for medical or religious reasons related to the vaccine safety mandate, you may submit a request after you receive an offer of employment. Instructions on how to do so will be provided in your offer letter.
This position is open for 100% remote.
The Senior Analyst Commercial Data Strategy is responsible for developing and maintaining the multi-year strategic plans for data impacting Hershey’s Commercial business team. This will include translating future business needs and opportunities, developing strategic frameworks and capability roadmaps and identifying potential technology solutions.
Areas of focus include all U.S. Commercial functions – Sales, Retail, Category Management, Consumer Insights, Planning, Pricing, Marketing and Digital. They will work closely with leaders and product owners to develop an integrated data landscape that connects each function.
This role will also drive the development of strategic governance framework to address our rapidly evolving Commercial Data landscape. Partnering closely with our Commercial Strategy and Enterprise Data teams, they will create unique policies and frameworks to enable our analytics teams to move confidently with the right data, at the right time.
- Technical Architecture – Work closely with Commercial business teams, Enterprise, and Corporate Data teams to establish reusable patterns and architectures that support an interconnected and evolving data landscape.
- Strategic Planning – Develop and refine multi-year strategic plans and support pipeline of ROI-based analytical use cases for the U.S. Commercial business team. Actively manage strategies through cross-functional collaboration.
- Policy and Governance – Partner with Legal, Procurement, Commercial Strategy, and the Enterprise Data team to develop comprehensive policies that cover organization, storage, and access to sensitive or confidential Commercial Data.
- Opportunity Sensing – Participate in strategy sessions to identify high value opportunities to leverage our data and deliver commercial value. Support the business through engagement, research and pilot/POC work.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate complex technical topics with senior business management.
- Proven track record and experience working with medium-size teams, developing, and executing strategies and ensuring operational excellence.
- Familiarity with CPG specific data assets such as Customer/Retailer POS, Inventory, Digital, & Loyalty
- Ability to develop requirements with key stakeholders, design new capabilities, and implement within new/existing Hershey solutions
- Must be a critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with cloud database, data warehouse, and data lake technologies.
- Stay current of new analytics approaches, ideas, and technologies in external environments, and bring appropriate analytic / data science innovation into Hershey
- Excellent analytical skills, able to manage multiple projects under strict timelines, work well in a demanding and dynamic environment to meet overall objectives.
- Project management skills including experience with Agile, scheduling and resource estimation.
- Ability to motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve tactical and strategic goals.
- High level of personal integrity, and the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
- High degree of initiative, dependability, and ability to work with little supervision.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Finance, Information Systems, or Engineering or related field
- 3-5 years of experience with a combination of IS development/operations, financial analysis, commercial business, analytics and other IS jobs
- Experience developing multi-year roadmaps for cross-functional technology/business priorities
- Familiarity with CPG-specific data & analytics, such as Customer/Retailer POS, Inventory, Digital, & Loyalty
- Familiarity with analytical capabilities such as Power BI, Tableau, Alteryx, Databricks, and Snowflake
- Demonstrated experience with Cloud technologies (preferably Azure)
- Demonstrated experience with Agile/Waterfall methodologies (e.g., as a product owner) to develop business requirements, user stories, and communicate between IS, Business, and vendor stakeholders
- Consistent ability to build relationships and leverage partners and advisors
- Demonstrated experience in effective interactions with senior executives in a Fortune 500 company
- Experience development change management and training materials for system enhancements
- Comfortable with current Microsoft Office Suite (O365), flowcharting tools, and sharing through Teams (or equivalent)
- Familiarity with data governance, security, and NDA requirements for securing data assets
- Fluency in specific programming languages (SQL and Python)
- Familiarity with Azure Data Lake Store (preferably gen2) and modern architectures for securing data at rest.
- Familiarity with predictive analytics, and/or artificial intelligence
- Familiarity with Container-based architectures and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
- International business experience