Location: Hershey. PA/Remote
Duration: Summer 2023
WHY INFORMATION SERVICES AT HERSHEY?
The Information Services department at The Hershey Company has open internships for analytically minded, tech-savvy undergraduate and graduate students. Technology and analytics are elemental to all aspects of Hershey business. Hershey has a diverse global team focused on providing robust innovative capabilities, partnering on analysis to drive successful business outcomes and embraces an entrepreneurial mindset to create an environment that is exciting, compelling, innovative and dynamic.
We are looking for a Data Science Intern who will work with the Enterprise Data Science to build strong analytic capabilities. Applicants must have some exposure to at least two of the following: machine learning, statistical modeling, feature engineering, optimization, exploratory data analysis, data mining and pattern recognition.
- Use machine learning, and advanced statistical techniques to create scalable solutions to business problems
- Collaborate with the Enterprise Data Science team to define and quantify business problems, and help them implement appropriate algorithmic solutions
- Proactively identify capabilities which should be improved
- Partner with Information Services and business stakeholders to drive conversion
- Students currently enrolled in graduate programs (Master’s or PhD) with a strong STEM focus (e. Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Psychology -)
- Experience with machine learning and big data analytics tools (e.g., Scikit-learn, Keras, TensorFlow, Pandas, NumPy, PySpark), or experience with Operations Research (e.g., linear programming, integer programming, mixed integer programming)
- Hands on experience with key programming languages such as Python and other IDE tools like Jupiter Notebook.
- Passion for analytical problem solving
- Quick learner through formal and self-guided education
- Pro-active self-starter with a desire to make an impact
- Ability to work in teams or individually
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams
- Exposure to analytical solutions in the cloud (e.g., Azure, AWS, or GCP) a plus