Job Title: Senior Analyst – Syndicated Data Management
Job Location: Hershey, PA
COVID-19 Vaccine Safety Mandate
This position requires that you must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (even if working remotely) and present proof of vaccination before beginning employment. If you receive an offer of employment, you will be asked as part of the background check process to upload a copy of your vaccination card. If you believe you require an accommodation for medical or religious reasons related to the vaccine safety mandate, you may submit a request after you receive an offer of employment. Instructions on how to do so will be provided in your offer letter.
This position is open for 100% remote.
At Hershey, we’re on a mission to create more moments of goodness. As a leading snacking powerhouse, we are looking to expand our Syndicated Data Management team as we grow our Salty portfolio. Leveraging partnerships with key vendors, the Syndicated Data team is responsible for developing multi-year strategic plans and providing organizational support for syndicated data analytics impacting HSY’s Commercial business teams. The Senior Analyst will be responsible for data management activities such as developing, organizing, validating, and analyzing our syndicated custom database as well as working on key projects that align to our Corporate Strategies for the Salty Snacks Division.
We’re looking for a talented and experienced analyst to help support key aspects of our syndicated data expansion, and drive business and insights needs assessments, database design and delivery, on-going maintenance of our custom database, and future enhancement pipelines utilizing IRI, Nielsen, and SPINS tools and data sets.
This role will require exposure to key cloud technologies such as Databricks, Snowflake, and Microsoft Azure with a strong working knowledge of IRI/Nielsen/SPINS tool sets and Alteryx. Strong time management, detailed oriented, and excellent communication skills are critical to be successful in this role as well as a willingness to learn.
Support day to day operations within syndicated data, deliver data quality targets and empower cross-functional analytics with robust custom database. Lead key data management projects and provide support through initial rollout and stabilization. Works with business partners to correct data quality issues; Develops and maintains internal documentation on all key aspects of the marketplace information.
Business and Vendor Engagement
Partner with cross functional teams to assess capabilities and opportunities to leverage syndicated data for enterprise consumption. Act as liaison between technical and business teams and serve as Subject Matter Expert on data sourced from our Syndicated data vendors - IRI, Nielsen, and SPINS.
Participate in strategy sessions to identify high value opportunities that leverage our data to deliver commercial value along with key business partners. Understand business processes and industry trends to research and pilot/POC potential opportunities as needed.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
- Excellent analytical skills, able to manage multiple projects under strict timelines, work well in a demanding and dynamic environment to meet overall objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate complex technical topics with senior business management.
- Proven track record and experience leading cross-functional teams, developing and executing strategies and ensuring operational excellence.
- Proven track record of Project management skills, and scheduling
- Must be a critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve tactical and strategic goals.
- Poise and ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations.
- High level of personal integrity, professionalism, and judgement to handle confidential matters
- High degree of initiative, dependability, and ability to work with limited supervision.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering or related field
- 3-5 years of experience with data management processes, analyzing data, assessing risk, and calculating business value, or category management knowledge
- Demonstrated 2 years of experience with syndicated data sets like IRI, Nielsen, or SPINS
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and leverage business partners and vendors to deliver strategic priorities
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills to frame up and simplify complex issues, find root causes, and think holistically about solutions
- Experience analyzing systems designed by 3rd parties, assessing risk, and calculating business value to influence software product selection.
- Ability to think holistically and understand the broader implications of introducing changes to a landscape of interconnected, intelligent systems.
- Familiarity with analytical capabilities such as Power BI, Tableau, Alteryx and Databricks.
- Good understanding of software development lifecycle, application lifecycle management, and strong working knowledge of current internet, mobile, and cloud technology trends.
- Retail and CPG Industry experience is preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of data modeling, defining custom product hierarchies, and attribution/segmentation techniques.
- Alteryx experience a plus.