Clarity’s mission is to bring social impact to market. Through our proprietary methodology, we are gaining a deeper understanding of the needs of the population and how to cover them more efficiently in order to better allocate capital to those most important needs. Therefore, we are creating a highly disruptive tech tool (SaaS) to systematically measure and optimize the social impact of investment portfolios powered by big data and machine learning algorithms.
People at Clarity don’t "talk" ethics and values, "live" values by example. Our international team is constantly embracing the challenge, solving problems, driving by the purpose of helping investors optimize the social impact of their portfolios. Together, we can become the “gold Standard” offering solutions to all society stakeholders — we're just getting started.
Would you like to join an international and fast growing Startup where you can play an important part in shaping its future? How about an opportunity to take part in next-generation social impact solutions in a highly collaborative work environment, where space for professional development is taken very seriously? Interesting, right? Keep reading!
Clarity is looking for an Engineer II for the Tech team. If you’re a Data Engineer and you enjoy solving complex problems with code, developing and you are not afraid of learning new things, we are looking for you.
You will be part of the team delivering the different parts of our production-ready product, while co-designing and implementing an architecture that can scale up with the product and the company.
This position is based in Spain (could be remote from any Spanish city)
Responsibilities of the role include:
- You will help to build a data platform to enable other teams to self service high quality data while performing data operations to support their day to day actions.
- You will join the data engineering team which is responsible for developing models, practises and systems to support the data lifecycle.
- You’ll support designing and creating all aspects of our ever-growing set of external and internal data pipelines, understand the problems, and tie them back to data engineering solutions
- You’ll transform raw data from different sources (batch and near-real-time) into intuitive data models, using a diverse set of tools (such as Spark, Hadoop, Redshift, Kafka, etc.) to build robust data pipelines of high quality in a scalable fashion (regarding volume and maintainability).
- In order to develop feature and product features, you will form part of cross functional squads including people of many different teams.
- Work closely with DE, Data Science and Backend teams, as well as product and tech teams.
- Fix, troubleshoot and solve bugs and issues
What we are looking for?
We like engineers who adapt quickly to new challenges and break them down in smaller pieces that a highly productive team will find high quality solutions for. As an Engineer you will have a solid technical foundation and a strong focus on growing your development skills.
Engineer II has a large amount of experience in a well-defined area (ETL, Data Lakes, Data Warehouse, Data…).
They work to support other developers in the team and lead by example.
Developers at this level are able to deliver medium to large tasks to production, working independently if required.
They use best practices to ship high-quality code and continue to push their knowledge.
- You have 3+ years of professional experience as a data engineer, and hold a degree in a quantitative field (CS, Engineer, Math, Physics, … ).
- You have built production data pipelines in the cloud, setting up data-lake and server-less solutions; on top of that, you have hands-on experience with schema design and data modelling.
- Proven knowledge of Python is required, Java/Scala will be a plus
- You have strong SQL skills and knowledge and familiarity with other distributed data stores such as Redis, ElasticSearch, Druid, Cassandra, Hbase.
- You are comfortable working in containerized cloud developments, and familiar with the integration of public and private APIs.
- Strong communication skills. The right candidate can thrive in an environment of asynchronous conversation, since a part of the Clarity team will be based remotely. We expect you to have strong communication skills and be able to create working relationships with coworkers across various locations.
- Open to try new technologies and programming languages.
- Fluency in English (C1) and Spanish.
- EU/Spanish Work permit
It will be a plus if you had:
- Experience in SaaS fast growing business would be preferable, although not required.
- Ideally experience in the financial sector or regulated markets.
- Familiarity with some other technologies / frameworks( Spring Boot, Jersey, Play..) is a plus
What We Offer
- People is one of Clarity’s main assets. We have built an unique team and we all share 3 differential aspects: Excellence, Passion and Values.
- The team comprises professionals from leading consulting and banking firms, MBA graduates from top business schools, entrepreneurs and researchers and PhDs.
- Clarity’s Founder and CEO, Rebeca Minguela, is a successful entrepreneur who has been recognized as one of the most distinguished leaders under the age of 40 by prestigious institutions like the World Economic Forum.
- We are different. We work hard to become the best place to work.
- Fact based: Promoting objective, fact-based and solution oriented discussions.
- Diverse: Encouraging diversities of personalities, cultures and experiences.
- Transparent: Communicating feedback transparently, constructively and in real-time.
- Meritocratic: Striving for excellence and rewarding the best.
- Flexible: Working flexibly in the broadest sense (schedule, location, vacation, styles).
- We care about our employees. We think that every effort has to be rewarded and want them to feel comfortable with us.
- Salary proposals are between 10% and 15% above benchmark gross compensation.
- Benefits: We are offering a large benefits package for the team, considering their needs and interests.
- Stock/ Phantom: We want our employees to really feel part of Clarity. That’s why we give them the opportunity to participate in it with phantom stock options.
- We are a US company with a Spanish and London subsidiary. We have offices in NY, London and Madrid, and a remote culture.
- Our investors believe in us and share our goals. We are a leading startup thanks to public and private funding.
- Clarity has received several awards:
- Young Global Leader to Rebeca Minguela 2017.
- Top 10 Fintech startup worldwide by BBVA Open Talent.
- Top 2 start-ups with impact worldwide by IMPACT Growth 2017.
- One of the most innovative Spanish companies by NeoTec.
- One of the most innovative projects in the US. Harvard Innovation Lab.