Clarity’s mission is to bring social impact to market. Through our proprietary methodology, we are creating a highly disruptive tech tool (SaaS) to systematically measure and optimize the social impact of investment portfolios powered by big data and machine learning algorithms.
People at Clarity don’t "talk" ethics and values, "live" values by example. Our international team is constantly embracing the challenge, solving problems, driving by the purpose of helping investors optimize the social impact of their portfolios. Together, we can become the “gold Standard” offering solutions to all society stakeholders — we're just getting started.
Would you like to join an international and fast growing Startup where you can play an important part in shaping its future? How about an opportunity to take part in next-generation social impact solutions in a highly collaborative work environment, where space for professional development is taken very seriously? Interesting, right? Keep reading!
Clarity is looking for a Junior Data Scientist to integrate the Data Science team. If you’re a Data Scientist and you enjoy answering questions with data, you are able to write nice and maintainable python code, and you want to see your work making an impact into our product, you start to look like our ideal candidate.
You will be part of an already large and highly skilled Data Science team in charge of growing our Sustainability and impact database leveraging state-of-the art ML techniques as well as developing and maintaining our data quality and methodology pipelines in collaboration with Clarity’s Data Engineering team.
This position is based in Spain (could be remote).
What we are looking for?
We like data scientists that work with data in a scientific way and that share our passion for bringing social impact to the markets and making a difference.
At Clarity you will help develop the “gold standard” for social impact that will be used by investors, consumers and governments:
- By estimating the coverage of people’s needs by any company or institution anywhere using a bottom-up approach.
- Translating unstructured, complex data into quantitative, insights-first frameworks of social impact, making intelligent approximations when needed to put your algorithms to work at scale.
- Working side-by-side with a top-talent team from business and academia.
As the ideal candidate for the position:
- You hold a degree BS/MS in a quantitative field (CS, Engineering, Math, Physics, … ).
- You have experience in most of the following:
- Analyzing and getting insights from complex, unstructured and incomplete datasets.
- Using data visualizations to generate insights and communicate results.
- Hands-on knowledge of data science and Big Data tools:
- Python and its data science ecosystem (scikit-learn, pandas, numpy).
- SQL and noSQL databases
- Dask, Hadoop, Spark,... (nice to have)
- and techniques:
- Data processing and cleaning.
- Regression, classification, clustering and other standard algorithms.
- Start-up way of working:
- Self-motivation and drive to succeed.
- Getting-the-job-done mentality.
- Learn by doing, all the time.
- You are fluent in English (C1).
- EU/Spanish Work permit
Responsibilities of the role include
- You’ll immerse yourself and deep dive into our ever-growing set of external and internal data flows, and produce insightful analyses that enable data-driven discovery and innovation throughout Clarity.ai and the emergent field of impact investment as a whole.
- You’ll research, design, validate, and deploy machine learned models that use structured and unstructured data and leverage advanced techniques for classification, regression, topic modeling, and NLP to produce new metrics that will be included in the Clarity platform.
- After experimenting and building with different data sources, modeling tools, and advanced techniques, you will share your findings with the team. Besides, you may eventually present your work at international conferences and top tier journals.
What We Offer
- People is one of Clarity’s main assets. We have built an unique team and we all share 3 differential aspects: Excellence, Passion and Values.
- The team comprises professionals from leading consulting and banking firms, MBA graduates from top business schools, entrepreneurs and researchers and PhDs.
- Clarity’s Founder and CEO, Rebeca Minguela, is a successful entrepreneur who has been recognized as one of the most distinguished leaders under the age of 40 by prestigious institutions like the World Economic Forum.
- We are different. We work hard to become the best place to work.
- Fact based: Promoting objective, fact-based and solution oriented discussions.
- Diverse: Encouraging diversities of personalities, cultures and experiences.
- Transparent: Communicating feedback transparently, constructively and in real-time.
- Meritocratic: Striving for excellence and rewarding the best.
- Flexible: Working flexibly in the broadest sense (schedule, location, vacation, styles).
- We care about our employees. We think that every effort has to be rewarded and want them to feel comfortable with us.
- Salary proposals are between 10% and 15% above benchmark gross compensation.
- Benefits: We are offering a large benefits package for the team, considering their needs and interests.
- Stock/ Phantom: We want our employees to really feel part of Clarity. That’s why we give them the opportunity to participate in it with phantom stock options.
- We are a US company with a Spanish and London subsidiary. We have offices in NY, London and Madrid, and a remote culture.
- Our investors believe in us and share our goals. We are a leading startup thanks to public and private funding.
- Clarity has received several awards:
- Young Global Leader to Rebeca Minguela 2017.
- Top 10 Fintech startup worldwide by BBVA Open Talent.
- Top 2 start-ups with impact worldwide by IMPACT Growth 2017.
- One of the most innovative Spanish companies by NeoTec.
- One of the most innovative projects in the US. Harvard Innovation Lab.