Clarity’s mission is to bring social impact to market. Through our proprietary methodology, we are gaining a deeper understanding of the needs of the population and how to cover them more efficiently in order to better allocate capital to those most important needs. Therefore, we are creating a highly disruptive tech tool (SaaS) to systematically measure and optimize the social impact of investment portfolios powered by big data and machine learning algorithms.
People at Clarity don’t "talk" ethics and values, "live" values by example. Our international team is constantly embracing the challenge, solving problems, driving by the purpose of helping investors optimize the social impact of their portfolios. Together, we can become the “gold Standard” offering solutions to all society stakeholders — we're just getting started.
Would you like to join an international and fast growing Startup where you can play an important part in shaping its future? How about an opportunity to take part in next-generation social impact solutions in a highly collaborative work environment, where space for professional development is taken very seriously? Interesting, right? Keep reading!
Clarity is looking for a Junior Data Operations Engineer to integrate the Data Strategy team. If you’re a Data Engineer and you enjoy leveraging code to quickly adapt to changing needs in an operative environment or if you are a Data Analyst that can code in python to solve operative issues, we are looking for you.
You will be part of the Data Strategy team in charge of growing our Sustainability database, allowing us to enhance the productivity of the research team and reduce the operation burden of the development team.
You will interact with the development team as well as with the research team.
This position is based in Spain (could be remote from any Spanish city)
What we are looking for?
We like Data Analysts and Engineers who adapt quickly to new tasks, interrogating our database to define which are the gaps we need to fill with our research efforts. You like serving changing needs using your coding skills and data analysis abilities to streamline the research activities of a team of more than 25 researchers.
You enjoy removing technical obstacles, finding solutions to technical and operative problems. You understand the limitations of a productive environment and the need to quickly react.
As the ideal candidate for the position:
- You hold a degree in a quantitative field (CS, Engineer, Math, Physics, … ) or a business degree.
- You have experience in Python and are able to write notebooks, review code and find bugs in simple functions. You are good at using pandas and understand how to map, filter and reduce.
- You have SQL skills.
- You have worked with BI tools such as tableau, Qlik or Quicksight defining Dashboards and integrating datasets to feed those.
- You can make simple invocations to APIs.
- Strong communication skills. The right candidate can thrive in an environment of asynchronous conversation, since a part of the Clarity AI team will be based remotely. We expect you to have strong communication skills and be able to create working relationships with coworkers across various locations.
- You are open to try new technologies and programming languages.
- You are fluent in English (C1) and Spanish.
- EU/Spanish Work permit
It will be a plus if you had:
- Working experience as Data Analyst or Operations Engineer.
- Experience in the financial sector.
- Knowledge of sustainability aspects.
- Worked in a Data Research environment.
- Experience with google sheets API.
Responsibilities of the role include
- Consult data skills and basic coding skills (Python) to manage data from different data sources (loading data, join data, filter data, etc) in order to define the information to retrieve in our collection efforts.
- Execute operations over productivized modules. We are migrating notebooks to production code, so in the future we will have more automated modules and less manual tasks.
- Monitor the different jobs and debug problems (at least a first level analysis of the problem, if he can go deeper it would be ideal)
- Be able to run code to reprocess google sheets (and update relevant tables accordingly) due to: bugs, changes on requirements, changes in code that require reprocessing.
- Compile and produce reports, design reports from data coming from productized modules
- Create Quicksight datasets for analysis/dashboards
- Support the configuration/integration of third party tools. Ability to do simple queries to APIs and clean and prepare the output for subsequent workflows.
- Automated or batch tests.
- Ie: prepare tests that allow the team to reduce bugs.
- Support for pilot testing on data retrieval using APIs or any other means for evaluation purposes or for capture as part of the collection efforts.
- People is one of Clarity’s main assets. We have built an unique team and we all share 3 differential aspects: Excellence, Passion and Values.
- The team comprises professionals from leading consulting and banking firms, MBA graduates from top business schools, entrepreneurs and researchers and PhDs.
- Clarity’s Founder and CEO, Rebeca Minguela, is a successful entrepreneur who has been recognized as one of the most distinguished leaders under the age of 40 by prestigious institutions like the World Economic Forum.
- We are different. We work hard to become the best place to work.
- Fact based: Promoting objective, fact-based and solution oriented discussions.
- Diverse: Encouraging diversities of personalities, cultures and experiences.
- Transparent: Communicating feedback transparently, constructively and in real-time.
- Meritocratic: Striving for excellence and rewarding the best.
- Flexible: Working flexibly in the broadest sense (schedule, location, vacation, styles).
- We care about our employees. We think that every effort has to be rewarded and want them to feel comfortable with us.
- Salary proposals are between 10% and 15% above benchmark gross compensation.
- Benefits: We are offering a large benefits package for the team, considering their needs and interests.
- Stock/ Phantom: We want our employees to really feel part of Clarity. That’s why we give them the opportunity to participate in it with phantom stock options.
- We are a US company with a Spanish and London subsidiary. We have offices in NY, London and Madrid, and a remote culture.
- Our investors believe in us and share our goals. We are a leading startup thanks to public and private funding.
- Clarity has received several awards:
- Young Global Leader to Rebeca Minguela 2017.
- Top 10 Fintech startup worldwide by BBVA Open Talent.
- Top 2 start-ups with impact worldwide by IMPACT Growth 2017.
- One of the most innovative Spanish companies by NeoTec.
- One of the most innovative projects in the US. Harvard Innovation Lab.