At Clarity AI, we are committed to bringing social impact to markets. We are a tech company started in 2017, leveraging AI and machine learning technologies to ensure environmental, social and governance dimensions are the focal point of decision making within financial markets.
We are now a team of more than 100 highly passionate individuals coming from all over the world. Together, we have established Clarity AI as a leading startup backed by investors and strategic partners such as Blackrock and Deutsche Börse who believe in us and share our goals. We have plans to continue growing our teams in Spain, the UK and the US this year so if you would like to join us on this rocket ship, keep reading!
We are looking for a Data Research Associate that will help us build a reliable and scalable database of environmental indicators through both research into Companies’ CSR and ESG indicators methodology and management of data collection processes.
The role provides an opportunity to understand the reporting standards that exist and how companies’ Environmental performance is measured.
LOCATION: Madrid or remote (full-time)
Working as a Data Research Associate, you will be responsible for ensuring that we have the most accurate data in order to provide the most reliable sustainability impact measurements. The Data Research Associate role will include, but not be limited to, the following activities:
- Lead and manage data collection projects related to environmental topics - including data analysis, quality assurance, monitoring and reporting
- Measure the performance of our external vendors and the quality of our data indicators using BI, Excel and Python.
- Conduct frequent research on ESG reporting standards and develop methodologies for the collection of best-in-class environmental data in collaboration with the internal research team, data providers and external forums.
- Assist the tech team in the design of different data collection UI
- Support the data manager in automation and scalability efforts (e.g. AI, NLP solutions).
- Mentor and train external contractors and new team members on ESG indicators and sustainability frameworks.
- Perform ad hoc team projects as needed.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills. (Minimum C1 level-proficient user). Other languages are a plus.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree - Finance, Economics, Accounting, Environmental Studies - Environmental engineering or related field
- 1-2 years of experience in a related field (fin-tech, data collection, data analysis, data research, project management, Environmental Research).
- Demonstrated knowledge of Environmental corporate sustainability concepts (sustainability work experience a plus)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to retrieve insights from complex datasets with a high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Excel, database applications, and/or business intelligence (Quicksight).
- Basic Python knowledge: ability to adapt/create simple python notebooks.
- Problem-solver, creative thinker and action-oriented, can get things done, and makes rapid decisions even when short of information.
- Self-starter with strong organizational and time-management skills with the ability to succeed in a collaborative, fast-paced environment with changing requirements and priorities.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with cross-functional and diverse teams at all levels of the organization.
- Highly motivated, independent and passionate about sustainability and impact.
- Knowledge of ESG and/or financial markets is a plus (CFA ESG a plus too)
*Only Cvs in English will be taken into account