Build the Future.
Could your creative thinking build the future? The Data Quality Analyst at McGraw Hill makes a difference for learners and educators across the world. Our team needs individuals with new ideas who connect with people in innovative ways. This role can be remote but the candidate must be based in the US.
Your impact on the team:
The Data Quality Analyst role is responsible for maintaining item attributes within Oracle, Product Data Hub, and other systems within McGraw Hill. They will be responsible for monitoring errors in the interfaces between databases, figuring out how to resolve the conflict, and then validating the solution. It’s critical for the person in this position to understand McGraw Hill’s system architecture, the relationship between the system, and how the data flows. You should also be able to communicate this information in a way that anyone in the business can understand.
What you will be doing:
• Responsible for maintaining item attributes within PDH and Oracle and ensuring the accurate flow of data between the various systems. This includes maintaining Depository item assignments within EBS Oracle as well as performing maintenance and setup with the use of Data Loader and Web ADI or Smartsheet.
• Running SQL queries within Oracle and Product Data Hub to find errors in interfaces between databases and resolving the errors accurately.
• Participate in testing and project work that impacts item functionality within Oracle, PDH, and other McGraw Hill systems.
• Perform research and analysis on system issues and work with management and IT to develop and implement solutions.
• Review department policies and procedures on a regular basis to improve efficiencies and data integrity while identifying new methods and technology to enhance current processes.
We’re looking for someone with:
• Computer Science or equivalent degree required.
• Knowledge and experience writing SQL queries required.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Access required.
• Excellent testing, technical, and analytical skills with the ability to develop solutions to analytical data driven problems required.
• Fluent in Oracle administration preferred.
• 1-3 years data quality preferred and 1-3 years publishing experience a plus.
• Experience with Data Loader, desktop integration tools (Web ADI or Smartsheet), Product Data Hub (PDH), and Oracle ERP a plus.
Here’s what we offer:
The work you do at McGraw Hill will be work that matters. We are collectively designing content that will build the future of education. Play your part and experience a sense of fulfilment that will inspire you to even greater heights.
As an education innovation company, we're proud to play our part by inspiring learners around the world. If you bring your curiosity, we'll help you grow in a collaborative environment where everyone shares a passion for success.
Are you ready for a new challenge? Apply for a career at McGraw Hill and together, we'll impact the world.