Oscar Product is a growing, fast-paced team using technology and design to revolutionize healthcare. We work on a wide range of projects in several areas: building next generation consumer experiences, technology and infrastructure, expanding into new markets, creating better ways for healthcare providers to interact with patients, and optimizing internal operations and processes. Powered by this differentiated full stack technology platform, we have built a suite of services that enable us to earn our members’ trust, leverage the power of personalized data, and help our members find quality care they can afford. Through our tech-driven platform business, +Oscar, we develop solutions that enable our partners to deliver best-in-class engagement leading to better outcomes and lower cost of care, reduce admin costs, and enable growth & innovation.
Oscar’s data platform is the core piece of infrastructure upon which analytics, insights, and data science is built. As a Product Manager, you’ll play a key role in managing, strategizing, and socializing the roadmap of the assets leveraged by the data science team, including business intelligence tools and ontologies. You will research competitive offerings and conduct gap analyses in the healthcare data and analytics space to inform a long-term roadmap for the development of Oscar’s data platform.
You will report to a VP of Product. This role can be work-from-home or office-based. You must reside in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, or Washington. Note, this list of states is subject to change. #LI-Remote
- Collaborate with Data Science team to build and prioritize backlogs, develop KPIs and roadmaps, and participate in company-wide planning.
- Create a prioritization framework that balances the needs of the business, our clients, and the data science team to ensure we invest in our data science and analytics platform to support business needs.
- Evolve operating model in collaboration with Data Science to support SDLC, estimation, and planning launch timelines.
- Build a robust communication and socialization plan for the data platform for internal and external use, including the capabilities of our existing platform and plans for future releases.
- Gather qualitative and quantitative feedback to ensure that the platform is being leveraged successfully. Develop long term KPIs to measure impact.
- Drive outcomes and make sure your projects are progressing smoothly across multiple stakeholders within Oscar, while weighing the trade-offs among speed, scale-ability, simplicity, and quality.
- Comfortable with complex systems. You know how to analyze and decompose a complex system and communicate that complexity simply and cleanly.
- An end-to-end thinker. You can look at a problem and create a solution all the way from top-level goals to smaller operational details.
- Empathetic. You understand other disciplines and bring everyone together using clear communication and strong structured thinking.
- Great at prioritizing. There are a million ways to make the healthcare experience better - we can’t fix all of them at once! Where will you start and why?
- Collaborative. You love helping engineers, designers, operations experts, and other teams around you do their best work. You are always driving towards a decision.
- A researcher. You can think creatively about how to get the information you need to prove or disprove your hypothesis using user research or data.
- User-centric. You have a grasp of user experience and design with +Oscar clients, members, providers, internal users, and more in mind.
- Data-oriented: You have previous domain experience in data tools and data as a platform.
- Experienced. You have worked directly with data scientists and/or engineers in product management roles for 2+ years.
- Previous experience designing robust data models and creating service layers to support feature-full applications.
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We aim to make health care affordable and accessible for all, and apply this same vision to our perks and benefits, including: medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
To protect the health and safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices, employees conducting sales work in the field and employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.