Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Production Analyst to join our Insurance Operations team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
As a Production Analyst at Oscar, you will help us build a solid operational foundation to power the insurance infrastructure. You will work with internal Oscar teams ranging from member services, risk, network, clinical, claims, population health, and technical teams with leadership exposure. You may also work with regulatory authorities and Oscar's vendors.
You will report directly to the Associate Operations Manager. This is a remote / work-from-home role. You must reside in one of the following states: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, or Virginia. Note, this list of states is subject to change. #LI-Remote
- Develop insights into opportunities for workflow improvements
- Conduct scoping analysis for processing issues
- Build supporting documentation of process updates
- Accounts receivable file research and execution
- Manage data transfers and resolve any open questions and action items with vendors
- Become well-acquainted with internal tools and technical processes, in particular database querying
- Form a working relationship with all partners
- Support your team lead or manager by guiding decisions and implementation on an ongoing basis
- Understand relevant policies, and identify and measure the impact of any changes on our internal operations
- 1+ years of related work experience in healthcare, analytics, or operations
- 1+ years of experience of SQL, BigQuery or similar database languages
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications and data visualization tools (e.g. Periscope, Tableau)
- Bachelor's degree
- Exposure to Lean Management and/or Continuous Improvement methodologies
- Exposure to Python
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We aim to make health care affordable and accessible for all, and apply this same vision to our perks and benefits, including: medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
To protect the health and safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices, employees conducting sales work in the field and employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.