GEICO is more than insurance, it’s truly a tech company at heart. GEICO Technology Solutions is rapidly expanding to keep up with its growth in the digital space.
The Data Engineering – Data Management Services department is seeking highly motivated leaders to help lead and grow GEICO’s metadata capabilities. The mission is to build a program where data lineage is embedded in all aspects of the data lifecycle, in the least intrusive way possible.
Qualified candidate must have a passion for leading and developing people and teams. Qualified candidates must have the ability to develop a roadmap, plan, prioritize, execute, and manage complex projects and initiatives. He or she must also be able to coach, train and mentor a team of talented team of associates to ensure associate growth and program development. The role demands excellent project management skills, great interpersonal skills, and strong oral and written communication skills. A successful candidate must also be able to effectively communicate technical and non-technical concepts across all levels of the organization.
As a Data Lineage Supervisor, you will provide technical leadership for a team of engineers, developers, and analysts responsible for the build out, enhancement and maintenance of our data lineage / data flow dashboard. You will meet regularly with the vendor to ensure high quality service delivery and maximization of product value. You will also partner and work closely with the team (Enterprise Data Governance team, Data Movement and Data Architecture) to ensure that the platform support the needs of our data governance initiatives.
- Track-record of successful project delivery, building collaborative cross-functional relationships, and an ability to find creative ways to solve business problems
- Experience using Agile methodologies to help develop roadmap, manage projects, and improve processes
- Demonstrable ability to drive continuous improvement through coaching, mentoring, and developing a team of cross-functional professionals
- Ability to establish goals and development plans to continually improve services provided by the team
- Excellent communication and customer engagement skills
- Excellent technical, analytical, decision making, and problem-solving skills
- Experience providing system training to team members as needed
- Excellent attention to detail and a focus on quality delivery
- Ability to perform under pressure and in stressful situations
- Ability to balance the competing needs of multiple priorities and work in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrable capacity for learning technical concepts and adapting to new technologies quickly
- Ability to establish and maintain open and collaborative relationships with other teams and stakeholders to define requirements that translate into viable solutions
- Strong understanding of data engineering and data traceability best practices and framework
- Ability to stay current with evolving best practices in data management
- Must be able to perform under pressure and stressful situations
- Hands on experience with data management tools (Microsoft Purview, Collibra, Alation, Informatica, Databricks, etc.)
- Familiarity with relational database concepts / technologies (SQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Familiarity and/or experience with software development life cycle
- Experience leading a team through the systems engineering or software development
At GEICO, we make sure you have the support and resources to leverage and develop your skills, secure your financial future, and take care of your health and well-being. GEICO continually seeks to provide a workplace where everyone can be their authentic self. To help achieve this goal, we support associate-led Employee Resource Groups that foster a true sense of community. Through GEICO’s competitive benefits offerings and various training and development opportunities, we have you covered with our Total Rewards Program* that includes:
- Premier Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Assistance including Direct Billing and Reimbursement payment plan options
- Paid Training, Licensures, and Certificates
*Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
**Coverage begins on the date of hire. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
GEICO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO celebrates diversity and believes it is critical to our success. As such, we are committed to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals to join our team.