GEICO is more than insurance, it’s truly a tech company at heart. GEICO's Technology Solutions is rapidly expanding to keep up with its growth in the digital space.
GEICO Technology Solutions is seeking a Machine Learning Engineer. The Machine Learning Engineer is a highly motivated technical leader in machine learning space to drive ML strategy and architecture for GEICO, and will play a critical role shaping the ML landscape that helps GEICO transforms into a data driven company. Machine Learning Engineer has deep expertise in both ML architecture and ML engineering disciplines to ensure that strategy and tactics align. Engineers are thought leaders that help accelerate adoption of engineering and architecture best practices, while maintaining knowledge on industry innovation, trends, and practices. They collaborate on the toughest issues to deliver on business needs that directly impact the lives of our customers and associates. They are role models and mentors, helping to coach and strengthen the technical expertise and know-how of our Engineering and Product communities. They establish themselves as a go-to resource on given technologies and technology-enabled capabilities.
As a Machine Learning Engineer you will:
- Have a significant role in establishing ML strategy and architecture
- Demonstrates significant experience with hands on development and big picture architecture in ML space; able to mentor engineers and educate executives
- Design and develop cutting-edge ML solutions, using existing and emerging technology platforms
- Leverage sound judgment and problem solving to tackle some of GEICO’s most critical problems and connect the dots to broader implications of the work
- Provide technical vision, technical solutions and directions to build modern Machine Learning Platforms, Tooling and Services for ML/AI at Scale.
- Embrace and incubate emerging technology and open source products
- Collaborate with enterprise teams on developing and adhering to the enterprise standards in terms of validation rules, nomenclature, design and deployments.
- Collaborate with internal teams to find areas of opportunities for Machine Learning
- Build awareness, increase knowledge and drive adoption of Machine Learning technologies and architecture patterns, sharing customer and engineering benefits to gain buy-in (working closely with leaders, other SMEs, and engineers)
- Strike the right balance between lending expertise and providing an inclusive environment where others’ ideas can be heard and championed; leverage expertise to grow skills in the broader GEICO team (balance being a great coach and listener)
- Effectively communicate with and influence key stakeholders across the enterprise, at all levels of the organization
- Operate as a trusted advisor for the Machine Learning space, helping to shape use cases and implementation in an integrated manner
- Knowledge of Azure and/or AWS tools relevant certifications such as Azure Solutions Architect, Azure AI Engineer, AWS Solutions Architect, AWS Machine Learning, etc.
- Deep knowledge in the Machine Learning and data space including designing, building, optimizaing and scaling data-intensive ML solutions using distributed computing
- Strong writing skills and thought leadership
- Ability to influence through persuasion
- Ability to create a set of requirements in partnership with their customers and to ensure solutions map to the goals of the organization and customer needs
- Strong problem-solving skills – ability to see past the immediate answer to the simple, elegant solution
- Ability to see and implement patterns that enable solution simplification
- Innovative thought leadership
- 10+ years of experience in an architecture or engineering role
- 5+ years of experience building, scaling and optimizing ML solutions
- 5+ years of experience in a team leadership role
- 5+ years of experience developing in .NET, C#, Java, Python, SQL, etc
- 5+ years of experience in building in cloud environments, including Microsoft Azure, AWS and Google
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field; Master’s degree preferred (or equivalent verifiable experience, skillset and track record of success)
At GEICO, we make sure you have the support and resources to leverage and develop your skills, secure your financial future, and take care of your health and well-being. GEICO continually seeks to provide a workplace where everyone can be their authentic self. To help achieve this goal, we support associate-led Employee Resource Groups that foster a true sense of community. Through GEICO’s competitive benefits offerings and various training and development opportunities, we have you covered with our Total Rewards Program* that includes:
Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Training and Licensures
*Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
**Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
The safety of our associates, both current and future, is GEICO’s highest priority. At this time, most of our associates are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area.
GEICO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO celebrates diversity and believes it is critical to our success. As such, we are committed to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals to join our team.