If you love Data, Machine Learning & AI, the Data Engineering Telematics Streaming Data ingestion team has the perfect job for you. Our team is looking for a hands-on Telematic Data Engineering Manager to be part of a dynamic, high performing team in charge of Data Ingestion and Platform Engineering for the GEICO Telematics program. This team is performing a key role in the renewed effort to make GEICO a Data First company by bringing raw Telematics & Connected Vehicle data into the modern data platform and building a refined data layer to be used by the business community and Data Scientists. You will be working with cutting edge technologies such as Azure Data Lake, Azure Databricks/Spark, and Snowflake. You will be driving the development of real time Streaming data ingestion platform that supports 3rd party Telematics, Connected Vehicle & IOT data that feeds Machine learning Models & Analytics. You will be working very closely with Data Scientists developing GEICO proprietary Telematics score. You need to have strong leadership experience, drive to succeed and ability to manage multiple critical projects.
- Oversee Telematics Streaming Data Ingestion scrum team.
- Work closely with the Data Scientists to understand and prioritize requests for data to support GEICO Telematics program.
- Collaborate with Enterprise Data Architecture and Data Governance teams to ensure data is managed and quality is maintained.
- Drive development of self-service capabilities for Streaming Data Ingestion. Collaborate with DevOps & DataOps teams to implement CI/CD process.
- Ensure timely delivery of business value through iterative delivery of data products to the consumers.
- Coach and mentor associates conduct performance appraisals of associates.
- 3+ years of experience in an IT leadership position, managing critical and technical projects
Passion to innovate and provide solutions to challenges that are encountered
Prior Experience in developing associates through providing coaching, feedback, and mentoring
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences
- A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, related field (business, finance, Mathematics, computer science) or equivalent professional experience is required
- Data Management or Data Integration or Data Engineering experience
- Prior experience in managing and delivering data products or data management.
- Knowledge of Azure Data ecosystem technologies, Kafka, Snowflake, knowledge of Data Vault, Data Build Tool (DBT) and Dimensional modeling.
- Experience in Streaming Data Ingestion platform
At GEICO, we make sure you have the support and resources to leverage and develop your skills, secure your financial future, and take care of your health and well-being. GEICO continually seeks to provide a workplace where everyone can be their authentic self. To help achieve this goal, we support associate-led Employee Resource Groups that foster a true sense of community. Through GEICO’s competitive benefits offerings and various training and development opportunities, we have you covered with our Total Rewards Program* that includes:
- Premier Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Assistance including Direct Billing and Reimbursement payment plan options
- Paid Training, Licensures, and Certificates
*Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
**Coverage begins on the date of hire. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
GEICO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO celebrates diversity and believes it is critical to our success. As such, we are committed to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals to join our team.