Product Manager - Data & Analytics
About Rhythm: Rhythm is a renewable energy and technology company empowering you to take control of your budget and your carbon footprint. We combine energy market expertise with technology, design, and data science to create best-in-class products and services that are simple, delightful, and seamlessly integrated within the rhythm of your life. Our mission is to upend the energy status quo by setting a new standard of service excellence and customer partnership. We are a mission-driven, results-oriented group of technologists, businesspeople, and artists who love solving tough problems, all while making a positive impact on our communities.
The ideal candidate for the Product Manager position will combine a strong technical foundation and analytical skills with demonstrated experience working on products that scale, guiding the development of Rhythm’s analytics tools and data platform. This role will be a key member of Rhythm’s Product Management team, and will work closely with other Product Managers, as well as with Rhythm’s business functional stakeholders, Software Engineering team, and Data Science and Analytics team.
Rhythm’s Product Management team is responsible for discovery, prioritization and delivery of technology projects that create value across the span of our business, including growth, customer experience, customer retention, operations, customer care, pricing, finance, accounting, and risk management.
Responsibilities: This role will support technology development efforts across the breadth of our product areas, with a focus on applications in the data and analytics space, supporting all reporting and business intelligence needs, as well as providing unique insights and capabilities within our other products. This role will:
- Leverage analytics skills to engage with various business functions to understand their analytics workflows and data needs in a hands-on manner
- Convert the knowledge of these business processes into product definitions, features, and requirements that improve Rhythm’s ability to make informed decisions based on data
- Work with Data Engineering and Data Science teams to turn analytics and data product ideas into reality, stewarding the development process from idea generation to testing and acceptance
- Contribute to the Rhythm knowledge base by documenting key initiatives and product features
- Minimum of 2 years of product or project management experience, with increasing responsibility. Depending upon candidate experience, Sr. Product Manager and Associate Product Manager titles will be considered.
- Minimum of 2 years of data analysis experience with a demonstrated ability to quickly learn new business processes and become intimately familiar with the data and analytics involved
- Experience with pulling and transforming data via SQL and/or Python is required
- Experience with BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, etc.) highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead product development process from start to finish, including establishing business requirements via customer, market, and stakeholder interactions, defining scope, owning creation of requirements, turning requirements into engineering-ready stories, managing SCRUM processes, overseeing QA, UAT and release, and conducting post-release follow-up.
- Ability to communicate with equal fluency with business and technical counterparts
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, with a preference for experience in start-up, scale up environments. A commercially-minded individual that is motivated by making a business difference and is driven to succeed
- Experience using industry leading software platforms for visualizing product development (Jira, Figma, Lucidchart, etc.)
We are a remote-enabled company that utilizes a cloud-only tech stack, making it easy for you to contribute from anywhere. We will consider qualified remote candidates willing to work to maximize alignment to our time-zone (central US) and are proficient in technical communication in English.
What you'll love:
Our culture. We're friendly, transparent, and love to innovate together.
Flexible work-life balance. We embrace the mix of working remote and from the office.
Professional development opportunities. We love to grow together.
A chance to make a difference. We're a sustainably-driven company rethinking what's possible in Energy.
Competitive compensation. We reward performance with annual bonuses and salary increases.
Health Benefits. We promote your wellbeing with 25 days of vacation and premium private medical insurance for you and your family.