Clearco is a company built by founders for founders, and we're laser-focused on our mission to help entrepreneurs succeed. The Senior Data Scientist will have the opportunity to create models, build advanced analytics, and leverage machine learning to help Clearco’s founders improve their understanding of their data and grow their businesses.
Application Deadline: June 22, 2021
Please be advised someone from the recruitment team will be in touch shortly after the application deadline.
What your day-to-day will look like:
- You will collaborate and influence senior leadership to ensure Data Science directly impacts strategy
- As your first task, you will leverage NLP techniques for web scraping to build a custom email automation platform that maximizes incoming company sales leads!
- You will draw connections about a domain's change in Facebook followers and it's likelihood to take a capital infusion and so much more
- You will analyze and build models on data, but will have the autonomy to collect their own data via purchase, web scraping (highly encouraged), and manual collection (via outsourced contractors)
- You will conduct original analyses to advise and influence product, engineering, and operations efforts
You will thrive if you have:
- Exceptional time-management and organization skills – you can manage project ambiguity, complexity, and interdependencies
- Excellent interpersonal skills - you are able work with and influence a diverse group of stakeholders
- A self-starter mindset – you enjoy discussing a problem and after the discussion is over, you can’t wait to get started on the execution of a project!
- The ability to think outside the box and understand the bigger picture – you are an innovative thinker
- Demonstrated the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, while collaborating with and influencing business partners to achieve strategic goals
- 4+ years of experience in a Statistician, Researcher, Machine Learning Engineer, Data Engineer, or Data Analyst role
- A Bachelor’s Master’s, and/or PhD in Statistics, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics or any other related quantitative field
- Experience with Python, Kubernetes/Docker, Version Control/Git, Snowflake/SQL, Analytics, and Statistics
- Experience with spaCy, word embedding, web scraping for data collection
Clearco is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. At Clearco, we’re committed to developing and upholding an inclusive, transparent, and comfortable environment for all. We create a space where every voice, perspective, and idea is heard and acknowledged. We embrace differences, and know that our diverse team is our strength and what drives our innovation.
Clearco is committed to developing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. If you require any accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.