Vistaprint’s Data and Analytics (DnA) organization is working to make our company one of the world’s most well-known and successful data-driven companies. The cross-functional team includes product owners, analysts, technologists, data engineers and more – all focused on providing Vistaprint with information and tools we can use to deliver jaw-dropping customer value. DnA team members are empowered to learn new skills, communicate openly and be active problem-solvers.
What You Will Do:
As a member of the Data Science Chapter, you’ll be supported by an ever-growing, diverse and international Data Scientist teams here at Vistaprint! You’ll focus on applying your expertise in NLP to our Customer CARE domain, helping us to better understand when and for what reason our customers contact us. You’ll collaborate closely with the CARE teams to define and prioritize data products that bring your models to life, helping our customers and team members alike!
- Partner with product owners, business analysts, and data engineers within the multi-disciplinary data product teams to develop excellent analytics-based data products.
- Being prepared and willing to take over development of other data products in the commercial or manufacturing space of Vistaprint in the future.
- Interact regularly with other Data Scientists to discuss and provide technical feedback on their work.
- Build new models, as well as analyze and improve pre-existing models and algorithms.
- Prioritize and complete the backlog of improvements envisioned for the current data product.
- Build the underlying codes and algorithms as part of a team of data scientists, data engineers, and software developers.
- MSc/PhD in computer science, math/statistics, a technical field such as engineering, or in quantitative natural sciences (e.g. physics, chemistry).
- 3+ years with machine learning and modeling experience.
- Proficiency in at least one data science programming language (Python, R, Scala, Julia) and SQL.
- Proficiency in model development, model validation and model implementation for large-scale applications.
- Experience using standard libraries (scikit-learn, MLlib, TensorFlow, MXNet, PyMC3).
- Familiarity with NLP (Natural Language Processing) techniques.
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with techniques in Recommender Systems, Information Retrieval, Learning To Rank, Deep Learning to Match etc.
- Familiarity with infrastructure topics (e.g. AWS, Databricks, Azure) is a huge plus.
- Results-oriented with Data Engineering chops for wrangling, clean-up and transformation of data to deliver proof of concepts end to end.
- Good knowledge of data visualization theory and tools (e.g. Tableau, looker, plotly, ggplot, etc.).
- Experience in the customer care environment and with relevant technologies, e.g., forecasting, sentiment analysis, and agent matching.
- Agile working methodology.
- Relevant works in an e-commerce environment.
Why You'll Love Working Here:
Being at Vistaprint means that you don’t see work as just a building, a desk or a manufacturing floor. You see it as a chance to take a step forward in your career journey – and your life. We strive to give you everything you need to learn, grow, and succeed. Through innovation, collaboration, and perpetual exposure to what’s next, we’re always pushing boundaries and broadening our horizons. We embrace the chance to operate outside of our comfort zone to discover what we’re capable of. Some might call that a challenge; we just call it another great day at work.
In 2020, Vistaprint adopted a Remote-First operating model and culture. We heard from our team members that having the freedom, autonomy and trust in each other to work from home and, the ability to operate when they are most productive, empowers everyone to be their best and most brilliant self. Vistaprint also provides collaboration spaces for team members to work physically together when it's safe to do so or believe in office working will deliver the best results. Currently we are enabled to hire remote team members in over 20 US States as well as several countries in Europe: Spain, Germany, UK, Czech Republic, the Netherlands and Switzerland.
As an e-commerce powerhouse, Vistaprint is a dynamic organization that maintains an exciting, entrepreneurial culture. With founder Robert Keane’s return as CEO, we’ve renewed our focus on empowering and helping small businesses. To do this, we create customer value (and delight) through accessible, cutting-edge technology. We thrive on providing opportunities for exploration, collaboration, innovation and growth – for both our customers and our team.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Vistaprint, a Cimpress company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, nationality, age, religion, citizenship, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender presentation, legal or preferred name, marital status, pregnancy, family structure, veteran status or any other basis protected by human rights laws or regulations. This list is not exhaustive and, in fact, in many cases, we strive to do more than the law requires.