Azure Data Analytics Technical Lead
For an organization to transform in today’s digital world, it needs to properly collect, store, and organize its data. Effective data management can enable more efficient operations, yielding more growth. As a data architect, you know how to apply your creative-thinking and analytical mindset to help organizations manage their data assets. We’re looking for a data architecture lead like you to solve complex challenges and deliver leading-edge solutions for our nation’s veterans
As a data architect on our XaaS team, you’ll lead our data and analytics architecture strategy and work with our Solution Architects to validate architectural runway and incrementally evolve capabilities in alignment with VA Enterprise Architecture, Agile Standard Operating Framework, and VA Product Line Architecture guidelines. You’ll resolve routine data architecture-related issues in collaboration with business analysts and technology teams as they help the client overcome their most difficult data and analytic challenges in the cloud.
In this role, you’ll share your technical expertise, introduce best practices, and use tools like Azure Data Lake, Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure ML, Azure Databricks, and Data Factory. You’ll lead your team as it designs, defines, develops, and tests cloud solution components, and you’ll serve as a liaison between clients and developers to ensure that requirements are met and solutions are delivered.
With your motivation to establish processes and facilitate technological innovation, you’ll make a lasting impact on veterans’ access to healthcare.
Join us. The world can’t wait.
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Analytics Architect, with a focus on Azure cloud services
- Experience with designing end-to-end data and analytics solutions leveraging Azure Data services, including Azure Data Lake, Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure ML, Azure Databricks, and Data Factory
- Experience with designing scalable data analytics architecture to implement advanced analytics solutions, including machine learning and AI, to extract actionable insights from data
- Experience with designing and implementing data solutions using Azure data analytics cloud services
- Experience with data modeling, ETL/ELT development, and data integration and orchestration techniques
- Experience with data lakes, lakehouses, modern data warehousing, and real-time data processing using Azure Cloud Data services
- Knowledge of data security, compliance, and privacy standards
- Ability to lead the technical architecture and orchestration of data-driven workflows, including data pipelines, ETL/ELT processes, and data models to enable efficient data transformation and loading from source into target systems
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust or Suitability/Fitness determination based on client requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM)
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with ensuring data security, compliance, privacy standards, and best practices are integrated into the architecture design and implementation
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify data and analytic problems, and translate them into scalable, high-performance data architecture solutions
- Ability to provide technical leadership, mentorship, and guidance to junior team members and data engineers, data analysts, and architects
- Ability to stay up-to-date with the latest Azure data services, tools, and trends, and apply them to optimize our data and analytic cloud services
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders to define data governance and data lifecycle management strategies, including DataOps or MLOps
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Possession of strong leadership, thought leadership, and teamwork skills
- Possession of project management skills
- Master's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM)
- Azure Certifications, including Azure ML, Analytics Specialty, or Azure Solutions Architect
Applicants selected will be subject to a government investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements of the U.S. government client.
Create Your Career:
Grow With Us
Your growth matters to us—that’s why we offer a variety of ways for you to develop your career. With professional and leadership development opportunities like upskilling programs, tuition reimbursement, mentoring, and firm-sponsored networking, you can chart a unique and fulfilling career path on your own terms.
A Place Where You Belong
Diverse perspectives cultivate collective ingenuity. Booz Allen’s culture of respect, equity, and opportunity means that, here, you are free to bring your whole self to work. With an array of business resource groups and other opportunities for connection, you’ll build your community in no time.
Support Your Well-Being
Our comprehensive benefits package includes wellness programs with HSA contributions, paid holidays, paid parental leave, a generous 401(k) match, and more. With these benefits, plus the option for flexible schedules and remote and hybrid locations, we’ll support you as you pursue a balanced, fulfilling life—at work and at home.
Your Candidate Journey
At Booz Allen, we know our people are what propel us forward, and we value relationships most of all. Here, we’ve compiled a list of resources so you’ll know what to expect as we forge a connection with you during your journey as a candidate with us.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choices, and support your total well-being. Our offerings include health, life, disability, financial, and retirement benefits, as well as paid leave, professional development, tuition assistance, work-life programs, and dependent care. Our recognition awards program acknowledges employees for exceptional performance and superior demonstration of our values. Full-time and part-time employees working at least 20 hours a week on a regular basis are eligible to participate in Booz Allen’s benefit programs. Individuals that do not meet the threshold are only eligible for select offerings, not inclusive of health benefits. We encourage you to learn more about our total benefits by visiting the Resource page on our Careers site and reviewing Our Employee Benefits page.
Salary at Booz Allen is determined by various factors, including but not limited to location, the individual’s particular combination of education, knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as contract-specific affordability and organizational requirements. The projected compensation range for this position is $93,400.00 to $212,000.00 (annualized USD). The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position and is just one component of Booz Allen’s total compensation package for employees.
Our people-first culture prioritizes the benefits of flexibility and collaboration, whether that happens in person or remotely.
- If this position is listed as remote or hybrid, you’ll periodically work from a Booz Allen or client site facility.
- If this position is listed as onsite, you’ll work with colleagues and clients in person, as needed for the specific role.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.