Machine Learning Engineer
Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by the IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence advances? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open up new opportunities. As a data scientist, you can turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges. Across private and public sectors — from fraud detection to cancer research, to national intelligence — you know the answers are in the data.
We have an opportunity for you to use your analytical skills to improve strategic innovation for the federal government. You’ll work closely with your customer to understand their questions and needs, and then dig into their data-rich environment to find the pieces of their information puzzle. You’ll mentor teammates, develop algorithms, write scripts, build predictive analytics, apply machine learning, and use the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn that set of disparate data points into objective answers to help federal health organizations make informed decisions. You’ll provide your customer with a deep understanding of their data, what it all means, and how they can use it. Join us as we use data science for good in the federal government. This position is open to remote delivery anywhere within the U.S., to include the District of Columbia.
Empower change with us.
- 2+ years of experience with machine learning, data science, or data research activities
- Experience with scripting languages, including Python, SQL, or R
- Experience using packages for machine learning applications or advanced data analytics
- Experience with developing, deploying, and monitoring production ML models
- Experience with a wide variety of machine learning frameworks, including Keras, TensorFlow, or Pytorch
- Ability to articulate workflows and explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Secret clearance
- Bachelor’s degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) processes and tool
- Experience with cloud technologies, including AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Experience with natural language processing (NLP) model or deep learning (DL) model building
- Experience with working on multi-disciplinary Agile teams
- Experience with deploying applications in a Cloud environment, including AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Master’s degree
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
The proposed salary range for this position in Colorado is 100,000 to 130,000. Final salary will be determined based on various factors.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choice, and support your total well-being. Our comprehensive benefit offerings include healthcare, retirement plan, insurance programs, commuter program, employee assistance program, paid and unpaid leave programs, education assistance, and childcare benefits.
Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics and we’re dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have the chance to:
- access online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies, and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
- change the world with the Data Science Bowl—the world’s premier data science for social good competition
- participate in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
You’ll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, onsite boot camps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.