Machine Learning Engineer, Mid
Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by the IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence advances? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open up new opportunities. As a data scientist, you can turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges. Across private and public sectors — from fraud detection, to cancer research, to national intelligence — you know the answers are in the data.
We have an opportunity for you to use your analytical skills to improve the healthcare industry. You’ll work closely with your customer to understand their questions and needs, and then dig into their data-rich environment to find the pieces of their information puzzle. You’ll architect data processing and analytics pipelines for health data and use the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn that set of disparate data points into objective answers to unearth novel health trends and support clinicians and researchers to make informed decisions. You’ll provide your customer with a deep understanding of their data, what it all means, and how they can use it. Join us as we use data science for good in next-generation healthcare. This position is open to remote delivery anywhere within the U.S., to include the District of Columbia.
Empower change with us.
- 2+ years of experience with working in a machine learning engineering, data engineering, or data researcher role, including in a professional or academic environment
- Experience with machine learning frameworks, including Tensorflow or PyTorch
- Experience with designing and developing machine learning algorithms pipelines and systems
- Experience with using common data analytics and programming languages, including R, Python, Java, Scala, or SQL
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor's degree
Nice If You Have:
- 1+ years of experience with software systems, including software requirements, software development, software testing, and configuration management software baselines
- Experience with bioinformatics software development or building bioinformatics pipelines for health data
- Experience with bioinformatics or biomedical data for advanced health analytics or machine learning solutions
- Experience with publicly available tools, algorithms, and databases for genome analysis
- Experience with cloud-computing services, including Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure
- Experience with data streaming, ingest, ETL, and data warehousing technologies
- Knowledge of system interoperability for traditional and novel healthcare data systems
- Ability to learn technical concepts and communicate with multiple functional groups with health or scientific core competencies
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust or Suitability/Fitness determination based on client requirements
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
The proposed salary range for this position in Colorado is $95,000 to $150,000. Final salary will be determined based on various factors.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choice, and support your total well-being. Our comprehensive benefit offerings include healthcare, retirement plan, insurance programs, commuter program, employee assistance program, paid and unpaid leave programs, education assistance, and childcare benefits.
Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics and we’re dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have the chance to:
- access online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies, and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
- change the world with the Data Science Bowl—the world’s premier data science for social good competition
- participate in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
You’ll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.