Data Engineer, Junior
Data engineers and architects work with data consumers and development teams to design, build and optimize the data architectures that drive critical mission operations. As a technologist at Booz Allen, you will help design distributed data architectures, orchestrate ETL pipelines, and build scalable data platforms for complex analytics, machine learning, IoT and beyond. Our data engineers work with the latest data technologies, deep dive on coding and scripting languages, and deploy data-driven solutions to on-premise as well as cloud infrastructures. As a member of our data engineering team, you will grow your ability to analyze and specify data models, manipulate, and transform all manner of data feeds and formats, and operate secure, reliable, and performant data pipelines. Come join our multi-disciplinary team of analysts, data engineers, data architects, data scientists, and developers in an agile, fast-paced environment that is pushing the envelope of bleeding edge data solutions. This position is open to remote delivery anywhere within the U.S., to include the District of Columbia.
- 1+ years of experience building or maintaining software systems, including software engineering, API development, data pipeline development, or data infrastructure management
- 1+ years of experience using standard data formats, including XML, XML Schema, JSON, or CSV
- 1+ years of experience participating in an agile DevOps build and release environment
- Experience building back-end data management systems or data pipelines
- Experience with data manipulation tools, including awk/sed (Bash) or pandas (Python)
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- A Bachelor’s degree
Nice If You Have
- Experience with cloud service providers, including AWS, Azure, or Google
- Experience integrating with SQL databases, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, or public cloud services, including AWS RDS or Azure Database
- Experience with data pipeline and ETL technologies, including Apache NiFi, StreamSets, or AWS Glue
- Experience with Agile software development
- Knowledge of software design and data management patterns and principles
- Knowledge of distributed data processing tools, including Apache Kafka, Spark, or Databricks
- Knowledge of data warehousing tools, including Apache Hive, cloud services including AWS Redshift, or cloud platforms including Snowflake
- Possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or CS
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choice, and support your total well-being. Our comprehensive benefit offerings include healthcare, retirement plan, insurance programs, commuter program, employee assistance program, paid and unpaid leave programs, education assistance, and childcare benefits.
The salary for this position will be determined based on various factors. The proposed salary range for this position in Colorado is 90,000 to 110,000.
Build your Career
As a technologist at Booz Allen, you can expect:
- Access to experts in virtually every field of the modern digital landscape
- A culture that supports employees through cultivation of skills, talents, and interests
- Opportunities that provide stability, technical challenge as well as career growth
You will be exposed to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal featuring more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, onsite boot camps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want, as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.