Data Scientist, Lead
Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by the IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence advances? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open up new opportunities. As a Data Scientist, you can turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges. Across private and public sectors — from fraud detection to cancer research, to national intelligence — you know the answers are in the data.
We have an opportunity for you to use your analytical skills to improve strategic innovation for the federal government. You’ll work closely with your customer to understand their questions and needs, and then dig into their data-rich environment to find the pieces of their information puzzle. You’ll mentor teammates, develop algorithms, write scripts, build predictive analytics, apply machine learning, and use the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn that set of disparate data points into objective answers to help federal health organizations make informed decisions. You’ll provide your customer with a deep understanding of their data, what it all means, and how they can use it. Join us as we use data science for good in the federal government. This position is open to remote delivery anywhere within the U.S., to include the District of Columbia.
Empower change with us.
- 8+ years of experience with designing, developing, and leading analytics or software development projects, including in a technical strategy or project management role
- Experience with program management in the IC
- Experience with developing and mentoring staff at all levels and building an internal capacity to deliver high quality and highly innovative analytics services
- Knowledge of advanced analytics, artificial intelligence or machine learning initiatives within the IC and DoD
- Ability to manage programs with competing priorities
- TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
- BA or BS degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with managing national intelligence programs
- Experience with the application of data science and machine learning algorithms, including structured, unstructured, or relational and data mining and machine learning techniques
- Experience with developing and implementing successful market strategy and business development and leading proposal, project, and intellectual capital creation
- Experience with developing analytics for geospatial and commercial imagery data
- Experience with deep learning frameworks, including Theano, Torch, Caffe, or AWS Rekognition
- Experience with Natural Language Processing toolkits, including Stanford NLP or OpenNLP
- Ability to be well-versed in modern software development techniques, methods, and technologies
- MA or MS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics preferred; PhD degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics a plus
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is required.
The proposed salary range for this position in Colorado is $130,000 to $180,000. Final salary will be determined based on various factors.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choice, and support your total well-being. Our comprehensive benefit offerings include healthcare, retirement plan, insurance programs, commuter program, employee assistance program, paid and unpaid leave programs, education assistance, and childcare benefits.
Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics and we’re dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have the chance to:
· access online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies, and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
· change the world with the Data Science Bowl—the world’s premier data science for social good competition
· participate in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
You’ll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.