Azure Data Engineer, Lead
The DHS Cube program is seeking an experienced Data Engineer for its data management, data integration, and business intelligence program. This high-visibility mission support data program is managed within Headquarters for the DHS and our numerous client stakeholders. Over the next year and beyond, this program will be looking to take on new challenges, including modernizing their business intelligence technologies through a move to cloud services, improving the data quality through the development of confidence scorecards, and development of a data governance or data standards prototype.
As part of this role, our Azure ETL Engineer will be responsible for moving ETL pipelines from one framework to a new framework. The role will also perform ETL testing and troubleshooting, including testing the unit data models, system performance testing, uploading, downloading, or querying speed tests, and data flow validations. In this role, you will also be building repeatable documentation assets to enable implementation teams to take advantage of pre-built assets, identifying data storage requirements, determining the storage needs of the customer, and ongoing development of a repository of ETL knowledge and utilizing that to enhance the quality, speed, and productivity of the team. As a senior member of the team, you’ll also be supporting more mid-level engineers with the testing and QA of their code along with an expectation of enhanced code velocity, design thinking, and the ability to work independently and provide feedback to the Data Architect on required design updates throughout the process.
Join us. The world can’t wait.
- 8+ years of experience in a role encompassing industry standard ETL development techniques
- 8+ years of experience with data integration, and database technologies, including Oracle, Postgres, Cosmos, or SQL
- 3+ years of experience with Azure Cloud SaaS solutions and managed services serverless technologies, including Azure Data Factory, Synapse Analytics, Logic Apps, or ADLS
- Experience with data analysis and profiling of source data while developing or building robust ETL processes
- Knowledge of disparate data sources and targets
- Knowledge of data validation, cleansing, transformation, consolidation, de-duplication, aggregation, de-aggregation, and enrichment
- Knowledge of API development and testing
- DHS Suitability
- Bachelor’s degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Experience with Azure Platform CI/CD or DevOps
- Experience with reporting tools, including Tableau or Power BI
- Experience with industry standard ETL tools such as SQL, scripting languages, data modelling techniques, or relational and NoSQL database engineering and configuration, including document store, Azure Cosmos, or AWS DynamoDB
- Knowledge of data transactional requirements, business logic pertaining to commit and rollback cycles, and how to implement to preserve the integrity of related data elements in government, financial and similar systems
- Ability to build ETL processes that apply to data migration and data integration scenarios to know their key differences
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing product and respond strategically to client needs
- Ability to balance multiple efforts simultaneously and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to have a desire for learning and development, and a passion for exploratory analysis or exploratory learning
Applicants selected will be subject to a government investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements of the U.S. government client; DHS suitability is required.
Create Your Career:
Grow With Us
Your growth matters to us—that’s why we offer a variety of ways for you to develop your career. With professional and leadership development opportunities like upskilling programs, tuition reimbursement, mentoring, and firm-sponsored networking, you can chart a unique and fulfilling career path on your own terms.
A Place Where You Belong
Diverse perspectives cultivate collective ingenuity. Booz Allen’s culture of respect, equity, and opportunity means that, here, you are free to bring your whole self to work. With an array of business resource groups and other opportunities for connection, you’ll develop your community in no time.
Support Your Well-Being
Our comprehensive benefits package includes wellness programs with HSA contributions, paid holidays, paid parental leave, a generous 401(k) match, and more. With these benefits, plus the option for flexible schedules and remote and hybrid locations, we’ll support you as you pursue a balanced, fulfilling life—at work and at home.
Your Candidate Journey
At Booz Allen, we know our people are what propel us forward, and we value relationships most of all. Here, we’ve compiled a list of resources so you’ll know what to expect as we forge a connection with you during your journey as a candidate with us.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choices, and support your total well-being. Our offerings include health, life, disability, financial, and retirement benefits, as well as paid leave, professional development, tuition assistance, work-life programs, and dependent care. Our recognition awards program acknowledges employees for exceptional performance and superior demonstration of our values. Full-time and part-time employees working at least 20 hours a week on a regular basis are eligible to participate in Booz Allen’s benefit programs. Individuals that do not meet the threshold are only eligible for select offerings, not inclusive of health benefits. We encourage you to learn more about our total benefits by visiting the Resource page on our Careers site and reviewing Our Employee Benefits page.
Salary at Booz Allen is determined by various factors, including but not limited to location, the individual’s particular combination of education, knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as contract-specific affordability and organizational requirements. The projected compensation range for this position is $93,300.00 to $212,000.00 (annualized USD). The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position and is just one component of Booz Allen’s total compensation package for employees.
Our people-first culture prioritizes the benefits of flexibility and collaboration, whether that happens in person or remotely.
- If this position is listed as remote or hybrid, you’ll periodically work from a Booz Allen or client site facility.
- If this position is listed as onsite, you’ll work with colleagues and clients in person, as needed for the specific role.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.