Dropbox is now a Virtual First company, which means work outside of an office will be the primary experience for all employees. Being Virtual First also means the location of our employees is targeted but flexible. If “Location Flexible” is listed in the job title of a role, the role can be located in any of the states where Dropbox is authorized to do business.** Some roles (including those which do not have “Location Flexible” in the job title), however, may have to be co-located with their teams in certain locations. Please work with your recruiter and your hiring manager to understand any location constraints of a particular role and to communicate your location preferences.
**Dropbox is authorized to do business in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Dropbox is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where Dropbox is registered.
Dropbox is one place to keep life organized and keep work moving. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we’re on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has offices around the world. For more information on our mission and products, visit dropbox.com.
At Dropbox, we aim to put the customer at the center of everything we do. With over 500 million users, the Customer Experience (CX) team is at the forefront of simplifying how our users and customers interact with Dropbox. We focus on solutions that work for our customers as well as implementing technologies that will simplify our customers’ journey. We bring the customer voice across the organization to ensure Dropbox delivers the best possible customer experience.
The Customer Intelligence team builds analytical solutions and generates insights to drive strategy within the Customer Experience organization at Dropbox. Using your technical skills and creativity, and leveraging the best open source and proprietary tools available, you will develop cutting edge data pipelines, analytical tools, and reporting solutions. You’ll be involved in projects from inception to delivery, ensuring your work delivers high-quality and relevant data to intelligently grow our business. Working alongside talented analysts and data scientists, you will champion data-driven insights to add value for our stakeholders across Customer Experience.
You're a self-starter with an affinity for problem-solving and deep knowledge of data, data architecture, and analytical tools and approaches. You will work with teams across Customer Experience to understand their evolving requirements, and alongside other analysts on the team to deliver impactful and innovative solutions. You'll use your creativity, curiosity, and drive to build solutions at scale, and to provide training and guidance to team members and partners.
- Devise, drive, and deliver technical solutions that generate data-driven insights.
- Build, automate, and refactor robust, scalable data pipelines and datasets.
- Troubleshoot complex issues throughout the data lifecycle, identify and implement effective solutions.
- Proactively engage with stakeholders across Customer Experience to ensure relevant and accurate delivery of business requirements.
- Build informative, insightful dashboards and data platforms across different domains and audiences.
- Create new workflow processes, associated monitoring, and alerts.
- Contribute to schema design, data consistency, and overall data governance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, or related field
- 3+ years’ work experience in a data-centric role
- Proficient SQL skills with excellent hands-on exposure to ETL principles
- Strong hands-on experience with R and/or Python
- Ability to tackle and solve complex technical problems with little direction
- Flexible and adaptable, willing to quickly learn and understand new technologies
- Strong communication skills
- Strong problem solving and collaboration skills
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Military veterans strongly encouraged to apply! Leadership, integrity, teamwork, and global perspective are just a few of the skills learned through Military service. At Dropbox, we value the experiences of current and previous members of the U.S. Armed Forces. This role is open to any qualified candidate, however we have identified that the qualifications for this role match many of those who have served in the U.S. military. If you are a veteran please be sure to mark your veteran status at the bottom of the application. You can read more about our commitment to hiring veterans at dropbox.com/jobs/Veterans.
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Benefits and Perks
- Generous company contribution toward individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)