Dropbox is now a Virtual First company, which means work outside of an office will be the primary experience for all employees. Being Virtual First also means the location of our employees is targeted but flexible. If “Location Flexible” is listed in the job title of a role, the role can be located in any of the states where Dropbox is authorized to do business.** Some roles (including those which do not have “Location Flexible” in the job title), however, may have to be co-located with their teams in certain locations. Please work with your recruiter and your hiring manager to understand any location constraints of a particular role and to communicate your location preferences.
**Dropbox is authorized to do business in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Dropbox is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where Dropbox is registered.
Dropbox is one place to keep life organized and keep work moving. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we’re on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has offices around the world. For more information on our mission and products, visit dropbox.com.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They’re building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
Dropbox is the home for your most important stuff—now we're bringing it to life with a growing family of products. As we scale our global brand, there’s plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and simplify life for millions of people around the world.
The Data Science team is focused on using data to help make better decisions about our products. Data is a critical part of our product development process, and Product Analysts are their chief advocates. We are responsible for ensuring that data is trustworthy and correct, finding insights from the data, and making an impact through data-informed decisions. We work across the entire product development timeline, from early data explorations about user behavior to multivariate experiments and optimizations on mature products.
We are looking for a Data Scientist who can jump in and make an impact quickly. You’ll be expected to set up and analyze A/B tests for new experimental features, generate and size opportunities to prioritize features, and define key performance metrics for the team, come up with deep quantitative insights and frameworks that shape roadmaps for future quarters and drive user satisfaction. As this team continues to grow there's also an opportunity to help shape and guide its expansion through mentorship and advocacy across the company. We hope you'll join us!
- Working with engineering to implement, document, validate, and monitor our logging and metrics
- Creating simple, trustworthy data pipelines and automated reporting to surface key metrics
- Identifying, translating, prioritizing, and informing important product questions with data
- Exploring data to find actionable insights and make product recommendations through funnels, cohort analyses, long-term trends, user segmentation, ML models, and more
- Connecting product engagement with growth and business results
- Synthesizing and communicating insights during all stages of the product development process
- Empowering and teaching others to work effectively and efficiently with data.
- Building and evangelizing data-driven and data-inspired culture at Dropbox
- Degree in Math, Physics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or other quantitative field
- 4+ years experience doing causal inference, quantitative analyses and modeling for a technology company (Experience in product data science is a bonus)
- Fluency in SQL and statistical programming (e.g., R or python)
- A solid understanding of statistical analysis, experimentation, and the common pitfalls of data analysis
- Good understanding of basic ML techniques just as regressions, tree based models, clustering techniques and SVMs
- Self-starter: You recognize gaps and drive projects with minimal guidance and focus on making a large impact
- Strong communicator: You effectively synthesize, visualize, and communicate your ideas to others
- Critical thinker: You are thoughtful, self-aware, and use available evidence to make decisions
- Collaborative: You work effectively with others and win credibility quickly
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Benefits and Perks
- Generous company contribution toward individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)